Pic request; Randall #5-4 vs #5-6

As title says, requesting a pic of a Randall #5-4 vs a #5-6.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Best I can do from another forum.

ubbthreads.php

Thanks buddy! Guess thats the one on the bottom right? Quite small handle compared to the rest of the #5 series.

Yes, 5-4 is at bottom right. I really like the 5-5. Full size handle with a very useful blade length - not too long, not too short. :thumbup:

Sorry Rag, I thought you were asking for a side by comparison, and I don't have a #5-4 any more. If it helps, the #5-4 and the other #5 blade lengths are completely different animals, similar in name only. The #5-4 is made along the lines of the Model 8 or 26; small, light, very compact. Almost a mini. Tom is right, the #5-5 is an awesome knife, and IMO, a better choice. I've had a few light weight #5-5's with a Micarta handle, no end cap, lanyard and/or compass, that were truly sweet. If I was to order another, I'd go with a #5-5 SS/NS/MS/Micarta handle of choice (Rounded Ward Gay if available), and either a lanyard or compass...

Thanks a lot M-P for this very usefull information, yes it was the side by side, but now i got confirmed how i thought it was size wise. :thumbup: Stick to my #5-6 which i love so much, maybe a #5-5 if something interesting is crossing my way, love the border patrol handles and with a compass it would be awesome.

Last edited:
Back