Pics of customized production knives

16402513_695819140578495_3514674185114925505_o.jpg

Last edited:
Miso2,

We need some commentary there dude !

Looks like on the carbon fiber one you ground the blade some to. Is it thinner or just a different finish / scratch pattern ?
Those are both the same blade steel right ? What is it ? The super corrosion resistant steel H1 on steroids ?

The only thing new I have to post is for my Franken-Urban-Trapper I came up with a name for it today.
I decided to call it Orson (after Orson Wells) because it got a bit thicker and more comfortable later in life.

. . . and because like Orson Wells it is absolutely BRILLIANT at what it does.

PS: I have refined the handle more after these photos but these will do.

Miso2,

We need some commentary there dude !

Looks like on the carbon fiber one you ground the blade some to. Is it thinner or just a different finish / scratch pattern ?
Those are both the same blade steel right ? What is it ? The super corrosion resistant steel H1 on steroids ?

Sorry for being too concise.
It is still Spydiechef, of which LC200N blade is sanded to give a satin finish. I had to sand quite extensively at #180 to remove the original very coarse grind, and as the result the edge became little thinner. The CF scale is from Shepard Custom Creations. It took out the weight about 0.8 oz, and the knife is now at 3 oz. Very nice.

Miso

I decided to try a Rat 2 after seeing all the great reviews for years, and found that the pink ones are significantly less expensive. Soooo, I bought one with the intent of dyeing it pretty much right away. I used the liquid Rit dye in aquamarine with boiling water and vinegar. I didn't time it, but I would say it was soaking for 15-20mins. I think it came out great!
Bruce
5ylslZa.jpg

Back