Pics of customized production knives

Here we have a mini barrage in silver shed CF with standoffs.

8c9857401c0872e55f637d30e1aa7429.jpg

8a9db26a4703d1709ecf316d65c99018.jpg

544cc2058d81dff7b3f796add63c3479.jpg

Krassh, great job on your Marine Raider. I have modified mine by reshaping the blade much as Bill Bagwell suggested in his explanation of converting a Western W49 into a fighting knife. Here is a photo.

I would love to redo my handle as you have done here. How did you attach the pommel?

Okc Marine Raider Bowie

Last edited:
Wenge Wood on a Case mini Trapper. 20170620_110048.jpg 20170620_111619.jpg 20170611_140343.jpg
Both sides have the same color. The 2nd pic with the darker wood is the accurate picture.

Krassh, great job on your Marine Raider. I have modified mine by reshaping the blade much as Bill Bagwell suggested in his explanation of converting a Western W49 into a fighting knife. Here is a photo.

I would love to redo my handle as you have done here. How did you attach the pommel?
Threaded the end of the tang and tapped a piece of steel

Threaded the end of the tang and tapped a piece of steel

here is my tang. can I thread it like this? or do I have to round it, or weld on a rod? do I need special dies to thread the hardened steel?

lEro7Fu.jpg

Last edited:
here is my tang. can I thread it like this? or do I have to round it, or weld on a rod? do I need special dies to thread the hardened steel?

Can't see your pic, but I didn't weld anything, I cut 2 corners off so it had a stem about 3/8" long and roughly equal side on all all four sides. Than I used my crap belt sander to make that stem round, than I threaded it with a cheep tap and die from harbor freight that broke the first time.

For the cap end I used a chopped off piece of steel from bar stock, drilled and tapped it.

I threaded that on last with the last couple pieces of leather, like in the video

I am thinking the hole in the tang will prevent me from rounding it completely, yet I can round the edges and attempt to threat it. do I drill a 3/8" hole in the pommel cap, then tap that hole?

I think my old posts of these were hosted via photobucket.. thus are invisible.. so here they are again, just incase anyone is interested. :)

Cold steel roach belly. Rehandled, convexed gully and leather sheath.

qKLT45M.jpg
SizfyJ3.jpg
UiTStNW.jpg
Wr8zqju.jpg
aHXuXm5.jpg

I decided to try a Rat 2 after seeing all the great reviews for years, and found that the pink ones are significantly less expensive. Soooo, I bought one with the intent of dyeing it pretty much right away. I used the liquid Rit dye in aquamarine with boiling water and vinegar. I didn't time it, but I would say it was soaking for 15-20mins. I think it came out great!
Bruce
5ylslZa.jpg

That is awesome looking, I'll have to try that

Kershaw CQC-1K,full flat ground to 0.005" and acid stonewashed. Damn decent knife for $20 shipped off the big river site... satisfied my Gentleman Jim itch (that I would've had to regrind too, probably) ;)

Screenshot_20171023-200008.png Screenshot_20171023-200012.png

~Chip

0C6352CE-17D1-40AC-B9D0-DB1857FFA639.jpeg The top Camillus CUDA used to look like the one in the middle. I modified the spear point into a clip point. All 3 knives are ATS-34.

Back