pics of rob's suv with a head-on collision with a concrete truck...they're okay!

JV3

first off, they're okay! him and his family were in florida for vacation when a concrete truck rolled from the other lane and hit them...i just figured i'd update you guys if you're wondering if you sent a knife inquiry or such and haven't received a reply yet.

rob text'd me the pics earlier this morning:

rob_wreck_01.jpg

rob_wreck_02.jpg

rob_wreck_03.jpg

Oh my word. Thank you for the update JV3. Prayers said.

I am really glad to hear that they are OK. That was a very serious accident. Wow, looking at those pictures again all I can think is, Praise God they are OK.

Mark

Good grief!! Glad to hear they are all in one piece. They are going to be sore for some time. That was some impact! Thanks for the update.

Thanks for posting Jay. Guys i cant tell you how crazy this was my wife was driving while i was on the phone next thing i know she screams, i look up and there is a concrete truck rolling over the median and slams right into us, though we were doing 70 my wife was able to slow down to around 45 or something.. Shewas life flighted to panama while me and the kids by ambulance.. We tried to press on after she was released but decidd today to throw in the towel and fly home.. The wife broke some bones and is really beat up, Im banged up pretty bad but nothing like her.. My three kids seem to be a okay... Once i get home and behind a computer i will touch base..
Take care,
Rob

HOLY COW !!! Glad you & the family are OK !!! Pics look REAL bad. Tell us what happened when you know. Why did the truck roll ? Cell phone-texting-just not paying attention or was it a 3rd drivers fault ? Just glad you & your family are OK.

I am glad your and your family are relatively okay.
From the photos, it looks like you all were extremely lucky.
Best wishes for a quick and total recovery for you folks.

Sir, I´m new here, and just posted my first comments on your stuff here and on youtube! I have to say it is shocking for me, to read about you being on vacation and the next thing i see is this wracked suv... I´m so happy you and your family are okay, and i wish the best for your wifes and your recovery!
Hope you can get over the shock soon and can take your time a bit to calm down again!
The suv looks like you guys got a second chance!
All the best from Austria!
Max

Good to hear everyone was released, Rob.
Not the same mass, but I was hit head-on by a drunk driver years ago. I saw her coming and stopped, but the impact pushed my full-sized Wagoneer back 156 feet and landed me in Intensive Care for three days. The physical wounds heal, but be aware that the mental ones take longer. For several years after the impact whenever I was driving around a left-hand curve at night and there was oncoming headlights I just froze. My hands would NOT move on the steering wheel -- until the headlights were passed me. It's actually a form of PTSD.
Both you and your wife may experience something similar, but be aware that is a NORMAL reaction and it will dissipate with time.

Rob
Dear Lord!!! Thank goodness that all are going to recover. That just looks hellish. Thank goodness for airbags. Make sure that you take the proper time to get recover.
All the best
Doug

Damn, that was a good'un.

I am so glad, everyone is Ok.

So glad......

Moose

Seems I may be in worse shape then i thought.. I've tried do a little work around here and I just hurt, all iver really.. Obviously some places worse then others, its strange really the trauma from the accident has affected my sleep. Although it appears we have a long road to recovery were thankful to be alive.. Not many have lived to say they've been hit head on by a concrete truck....
I'm itching to start making knives but can see right now its going to be a slow go..
Take care

Thank goodness for the outcome. This is the primary reason that I drive a 7000 lb vehicle, though even that much mass won't protect you from a concrete truck.

Hang in there - thank heavens for airbags!

best

mqqn

Thank goodness for the outcome. This is the primary reason that I drive a 7000 lb vehicle, though even that much mass won't protect you from a concrete truck.

You got that right brother!! When i was in panama to rent a car i told them give me the biggest thing you got, drove out with a suburban.. My personal transpo is a chevy crewcab weighing in at around 7500# but like you said nothing on the road matches a concrete truck.. God was with us for sure no doubt in my mind..

Rob, first off thank god you & your family are as well as can be expected after something this horrific. My brother is a state trooper in Alabama & when he saw these pictures, he shook his head and said we were looking at a real life miracle . . . and if anyone ever had a doubt about a higher being, these pictures should erase all doubt . . . .
Best of luck to you and your family, listen to the docs and do what they tell you to do. Sally T and I will keep good thoughts and pray for your quick recovery from this.
Godspeed.
Be safe.

Rob, first off thank god you & your family are as well as can be expected after something this horrific. My brother is a state trooper in Alabama & when he saw these pictures, he shook his head and said we were looking at a real life miracle . . . and if anyone ever had a doubt about a higher being, these pictures should erase all doubt . . . .
Best of luck to you and your family, listen to the docs and do what they tell you to do. Sally T and I will keep good thoughts and pray for your quick recovery from this.
Godspeed.
Be safe.

Bill I couldn't agree with you more........ :)

your brother wouldn't happen to be in Jackson county would he?? The sheriff there went completely out of his way to bring my kids back down to the Panama hospital, took my kids to mcdonalds, stopped by the tow yard on the way in and grabbed some of our belongings out of the suv, diligently looked for my daughters glasses in there to no avail.. even offered me money while unloading our stuff into the rental suburban.. sheriff Roberts was his name iirc, and if I could vote for him there I would everytime, heck I'd even spend countless hours campaigning for him (which I've never done)... can't say enough about the man... hard to find people like that anymore...

appreciate you guys..

rob

Back