Pics of Well Worn/Weathered CRK's ONLY!

Dang! That's seen some action alright.

Sure has, been dropped 3 meters from the roof onto concrete when I was working, then seen a few drops at work, lost of the roof of a car, found again, reblasted 3 times (by me) and is working in my small shop helping make my own knives. One of the best workhorse folders out there and the people behind it is also the salt of the earth.

When I handled the new Inkosi Insingo at Blade on Thursday while Anne and team were setting up I bought one as soon as I could. That one will see more and more use as time goes by, but this one is still going on strong since 2010. It is lying right next to the keyboard as I type this.

The CF side of my KnifeArt large 21 still looks pretty good...

DomWySP.jpg

...but the lock-side slab shows that this is probably my most carried work user. One of my very favorites too.

SDGVtyZ.jpg

Last edited:
Cool thread, Glock Guy Glock Guy ! I snapped a few more pics of my CRK users this morning and considered the ironies of this topic.

If we're good sellers we should do our best to get pics of whatever flaws there are on the knife for sale and to point them out. While being forthright and honest, it's better if the pics don't look totally horrible either. Just now I spent a fair amount of time changing lighting and camera angles trying to get marks and scratches to show. I had a hard getting blade scratches to pop and eventually gave up. Unlike some sales threads that read, "I tried my best to get the scratches to show but couldn't," it's not BS in this case. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, for most picture threads we want our babies to show at their prettiest. Exactly the opposite here. Anyway, here's a couple fresh shots of the lock-side of my KA large 21 CF. I don't know where those scratches at Idaho came from and was a bit bummed when they showed up, but now they're beauty marks to me. :cool:

WRROFVf.jpg

JjLlmMe.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a StarTac I bought on the Exchange for my son last Christmas. CRK users are a good deal for knives that will go right in hard service and K uses all his knives hard. My large 21 Micarta was similarly purchased.

This one was Scotch-Brited and had a lot longitudinal blade scratches like an earlier owner (not my seller) had gone all mall-ninja on a garbage can or something. Still it was functionally excellent and K is very pleased with it. I never got any of my own pics of this one, so these are clipped from the sales thread back when.

OQMkulK.jpg

73vAQSA.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you
Glock Guy Glock Guy for this thread

I've been on the fence about getting a large 21 for a few months now. As it would be my most expensive knife yet and I was afraid I wouldn't carry it because I wouldn't want to scratch it. But man, I can see they age beautifully and look great after some hard use.
I have made up my mind.
Thanks again all.

Andy

The bottom StarTac here is my son's. I posted the seller's pic of this well-used and ScotchBrited knife back a ways, but got a couple of my own last weekend along with mine when I took them both to Vermont with me. I had mine with me, which is still basically clean, as a carry and my son's as it needed some spa time for cleaning, lube, and sharpening. The young man uses his knives hard and this is his only CRK. You can see the longitudinal blade scratches on his pretty well in this pic.

4CiU57k.jpg

Back