PICS Vintage Gerber survival knives - BMF and LMF

Got a first year LMF today! Got the BMF a couple weeks ago... both are about 8.5/10. Just some well built cool ass knives!

Wanted them since middle school, but there was NO way I could afford them then.

Was a good day!

Now I am gonna pick up the non saw-back versions of each...

The LMF is in worse condition than the BMF... but it was made 1-2 years earlier... it really is a small knife, but my god, it feels SOLID and great in the hand!

Sweet Gerbers. I have a BMF. Serial #38020. I was a 21 year old Marine, and wore it every day during Desert Shield/Storm on my web gear. That knife never let me down. I have pics of me in Saudi Arabia running around the desert with that thing. I still have the original box, paperwork, and compass. One day my daughter will get it.

Nice :) I got 2 BMF and 1 LMF,
Non-sawback serial #52287, Sawback serial # 46409.. Great knives, both to look at and to handle :)

My dad has had a sawback BMF sitting on a shelf in his gun room for ages. Never used. I used to drool over it when I was younger, and still lust for it! Maybe I can scrounge up the guts to ask him if I could buy it from him...

I've got a few vintage Gerbers including a BMF. Here's a picture of it with my TAC II and Parabellum.

DSC05668.jpg

LMF - little multi function BMF - big multi function.

I have a BMF just like the one in JTC's picture and think it is a "swell" knife!!

I have 2 versions of the LMF. One is very early and the other is from much later. They are "different".

Armadew, The 2 LMF knives look pretty much the same BUT it appears that the first one is made in America and the later one is made in China. You can see a difference in construction, fit, and finish if you look carefully. The knives "look" the same as in the already posted pictures. My LMF's and the BMF are the non serrated versions.

Back