Picture thread

No problem man. Right now it would be but you caught me at a good time. :) My wife is working me to death here. By the time I get back to the shop to work I will be begging for the a/c but right now partly due to my own doings I am committed to something promised the wife and its moving forward just slower than expected or desired.
STR

Just got my first STR clip. Most excellent! Looking for another now :)

D1149A7C-8180-41E7-988E-7F140CED3EBD-28450-00000B9821E1A864_zpsee407877.jpg

4534DA7E-E34E-4477-81F5-5F6FDEFC1844-34992-00000DD59F147454_zpsbfe05768.jpg

You do nice work, keep it up.
STR, glad to see your new forum. Steve rebuilt a Spyderco jess horn for me last summer, I'm pretty sure the blade and lockbar are the only original parts left. These pictures really don't do the knife justice.
194068037_e816c242bf_o.jpg

194068034_0cc4dd9948.jpg

194068033_88db9dc238_o.jpg

Awesome! If someone needs some work done by you what is the best way to contact you?
Here are a couple of shots of my BM Mini Grip with an STR low-rider clip in "Denim Camo".

DSC_1565.JPG

DSC_1568.JPG

DSC_1566.JPG

DSC_1574.JPG

The simple addition of STR's clip has made a knife that I almost never carried a knife I carry a lot!

Thanks STR!

best regards -

mqqn

You do nice work, keep it up.

Awesome! If someone needs some work done by you what is the best way to contact you?

Great looking pics and knives!

Most of the pics are from customers. The old work of rebuilding knives is long discontinued by me. I only do pocket clips and pry bars for the key ring of titanium now. My mini ti pry has been hot here lately but the clips are my mainstay and keep me hopping. All the info you ask about is on page one of my forum in the sticky or tacked posts always at the top of the page on page one for easy reference. Simply find the one for each and or visit my blog and you'll be up to speed. Thanks for coming by. My email and easiest pay pal is STR@bladeforums.com and most folks contact me that way thanks
STR

Got the Para 2 clip today, thanks Steve!
20131120_162434.jpg

20131120_161519.jpg

20131120_161942.jpg

Some of Steve's excellent one off custom work from the past.......
photo4-8.jpg

photo1-8.jpg

photo5-6.jpg

photo2-7.jpg

photo1-7.jpg

photo2-9.jpg

Some STR lowrider clips on my Spyderco PM2 knives with custom Ti scales by John Grimsmo:

DSC_8348-2.jpg

DSC_7848.jpg

So many great pics in this thread now! Wow! I never dreamed it would grow as it has or that I would actually. Looking back I've done a lot of learning and growing here on this forum. I read posts on face book now and again of guys spouting off about how much they hate bfs. and I just roll my eyes! Forums have rules. Social protocol if you will. You violate the social protocol then just like in society as a whole you are corrected! Its the same everywhere including the forums you belong to that you are apparently fine with. Anyway, I don't know how anyone could hate any of the forums, and I mean any of the forums. If you use them correctly for the tools they offer you can find more than enough reason to love these forums. Just look here in these thread and others and its all you need to know for my feelings about BLADE FORUMS! You guys are great as far as I'm concerned.

I just got my Spyderco Southard low rider clip from Steve! I can honestly say that I don't know if I've ever met someone with such good customer service. I had a couple questions about the finish and Steve responded to me very quickly and after I asked a follow up question in my return email, he responded again very quickly and gave me more information that I would have ever expected! It's hard to find someone who's willing to go to such great detail for a person who bought a single pocket clip! Thanks again, Steve!

Almost has hint of purple in it from the last shot. Kinda pretty there but I'm sure its illusion. That light violet turned my wife's eyes over here at the screen tho! :) Anyway, cool shots. I appreciate your feedback. I'm also glad you posted a shot of it. You guys should know I don't actually own a Southard of my own. I listed in my blogger and the thread how some adjustment and 'centering' may be needed for models I don't own when I do clips. Its a matter of simply lifting the tongue of the clip at the lip where it glides over the pocket. You can then move it just past where you want it to center and without lifting up just give the clip a new memory set once its mounted securely. So what I'm saying is if you wanted you could center that up better and move the tongue a bit toward the lock cut if you wanted and it would probably be fine. I'm sure I'd have it set that way if I actually owned the knife. If it works great and you like it fine its great tho. Its all a matter of tastes really. Thanks again
STR

Thanks for the advice, Steve! I moved the tongue a little closer to the lock cut and it does look a little better and also sits in the pocket a little bit better. It also only took about 15 seconds to figure out as well, I wish all modifications could be that easy, haha.

Before:

After:

Another shot of it in a different pocket.

A customer shared these with me just now from another forum. Thanks Paul. These are the coolest scales! Oh the clips nice too! :):thumbup:
STR

Attachments

• IMG_3799.jpg
    IMG_3799.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3790.jpg
    IMG_3790.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 42
Back