Pictures Of Your Cold Steel

20170409_141208_zps5yate1ph.jpg

any further thoughts on it? I am on the fence for this one.
Comparison to Hold Out I?

Thanks!

In short, I freaking love it and would highly recommend it. I was looking for a slim, light, "one blade option" type knife that I could carry with summer time clothes on and the Frenzy certainly fits with the added bonus of supreme strength. It was on the radar before but I didnt really appreciate it until I got it in hand. The ergos are typical of Cold Steel megafolders, with many grip options that feel really good (way at the back for slashing type grip or choke up for control) and the contoured g-10 is the perfect texture to me, not to grippy but not slick. The blade shape seems absolutely wicked for self defense but not so one dimensional that it wouldnt make an excellent utility blade as well. The blade stock is actually more substantial at the spine than I thought before I handled it and the tip is acute but not delicate at all, no extreme distal taper going on. The carry weight and comfort are unbelievable, it feels a lot like an Endura 4 LW, in fact the first day I carried it I kept checking to make sure it was still in my pocket. I carry it in gym shorts to the gym and dont feel like I have a 5.5" blade in my pocket. I cant compare it to the Hold Out bc I dont have one but if you like Cold Steel megafolders like me (which you do, obviously) then you will really like this blade. To me its also one of the most handsome and unique of the large CS folders as well.

np4gdsG.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
np4gdsG.jpg
[/IMG]
np4gdsG.jpg

Last edited:
In short, I freaking love it and would highly recommend it. I was looking for a slim, light, "one blade option" type knife that I could carry with summer time clothes on and the Frenzy certainly fits with the added bonus of supreme strength. It was on the radar before but I didnt really appreciate it until I got it in hand. The ergos are typical of Cold Steel megafolders, with many grip options that feel really good (way at the back for slashing type grip or choke up for control) and the contoured g-10 is the perfect texture to me, not to grippy but not slick. The blade shape seems absolutely wicked for self defense but not so one dimensional that it wouldnt make an excellent utility blade as well. The blade stock is actually more substantial at the spine than I thought before I handled it and the tip is acute but not delicate at all, no extreme distal taper going on. The carry weight and comfort are unbelievable, it feels a lot like an Endura 4 LW, in fact the first day I carried it I kept checking to make sure it was still in my pocket. I carry it in gym shorts to the gym and dont feel like I have a 5.5" blade in my pocket. I cant compare it to the Hold Out bc I dont have one but if you like Cold Steel megafolders like me (which you do, obviously) then you will really like this blade. To me its also one of the most handsome and unique of the large CS folders as well.

np4gdsG.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
np4gdsG.jpg
[/IMG]
np4gdsG.jpg

thank you, I much appreciate your answer.
I think I might get one before the hot months arrive, as the Talwar is getting too big and wide for Summer clothes and I've grown used to carrying XL folders on my pants, which the Hold Out I barely fits.

20170530_113032_zps1kyvq5qe.jpg

I was looking for a less bulkier alternative to the Ti-Lite 6, with a wide and pointy blade like the H.O. that was lighter than the Talwars, Espadas and Recons, and this seems to be it.

Great choice you did!

thank you, I much appreciate your answer.
I think I might get one before the hot months arrive, as the Talwar is getting too big and wide for Summer clothes and I've grown used to carrying XL folders on my pants, which the Hold Out I barely fits.

20170530_113032_zps1kyvq5qe.jpg

I was looking for a less bulkier alternative to the Ti-Lite 6, with a wide and pointy blade like the H.O. that was lighter than the Talwars, Espadas and Recons, and this seems to be it.

Great choice you did!

No problem bud, go for it!

Back