Please help in ID leather

Yesterday I managed to buy some leather pieces and this one looked like real buffallo(I think its not printed). It is 5 mm thick(12 oz ) (looks little hairy from flash side) Since I havent seen buffallo in real world ,Please let me know what are yours thoughts abaout this leather
15wcpw1.jpg

Nice piece of leather Macan. It does have some similarities to some buffalo that I have right now. The side I have is American Bison. Grain pattern is very similar however my piece does not have as many longitudinal grooves in the grain pattern.

Here's a pair of Charmitas I finished yesterday. They're heading to Switzerland. The brown is American Bison. Very similar grain pattern.

TKPiZMe.jpg

Last edited:
It almost looks like Rhino skin or elephant. Almost because it's wrinkled looking but still not quite as textured looking. Maybe sometype of shark?

Thanks guys for help. I looked on google and since the wrinkles got bigger space between it looks to me like walrus most, but since I am not so familliar with exotic types of leather, maybe I am wrong, but to me is most important thats not printed leather.

Make sure you post pictures of what becomes of this. Very interested to see the finished project.

Back