PM2 ... real or fake? NEW PICS ON PAGE 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Etching is really "white", bar code doesn't touch the numbers, jimping doesn't look angled, blade finish looks too black.

Where did you order it from?
Is the compression lock bar silver or black? I can't tell from the pics.
Your jimping looks a little off compared to mine. I just got mine from Knifeworks, so I know it's not a fake.

What I can see in your pics looks pretty good, but they are not the best pics. Something higher resolution might help. Exacerbating the inability to see fine detail is that most everything is black, i.e. better lighting might also help.

The pics are from the seller. I bought two of these using my iPhone today. When I made it home, and looked at full size pictures on my computer I became concerned. The seller is adamant they're real. He said if I doubt it I can send them to Spyderco, and if they say they're fake he'll refund my money.

They weren't bought on this site.

He's shipping tomorrow. I'll post my own pics when they arrive (presumably Saturday since he's using USPS Priority).

When I purchase my PM2's, I would ONLY buy from a reputable dealer or a seller here on the exchange with a good rep.

Are lanyard tubes Black now? I thought they were Silver even on the DLC bladed models.

It's just a bad idea to buy from anywhere other than a reputable dealer (or here on the exchange).

But if you wanna save $5 and live with doubt then by all means enjoy.

I wonder if people will ever learn....Nope , they won't.

It's just a bad idea to buy from anywhere other than a reputable dealer (or here on the exchange).

But if you wanna save $5 and live with doubt then by all means enjoy.

I wonder if people will ever learn....Nope , they won't.

I think that every single time I see a "Is my PM2 real or fake?" thread pop up. As you said, either buy from a reputable dealer or from here on the exchange.

From my experience, the laser etching can look silver or bronze, depending on the light.

The lanyard tube on mine is black inside and out, but where they chamfer/cut the tube you can see the silver core. However, on the newer Para 3 DLC, the lanyard tube appears black throughout, so it''s possible the Paramilitary 2 has had an update.

The only thing that looks off, is the edge of the blade. It should be silver, not black. As far as I know, the edge is sharpened after being coated, not before. It could just be the lighting, though.

From my experience, the laser etching can look silver or bronze, depending on the light.

The lanyard tube on mine is black inside and out, but where they chamfer/cut the tube you can see the silver core. However, on the newer Para 3 DLC, the lanyard tube appears black throughout, so it''s possible the Paramilitary 2 has had an update.

The only thing that looks off, is the edge of the blade. It should be silver, not black. As far as I know, the edge is sharpened after being coated, not before. It could just be the lighting, though.

Good info regarding the lanyard tube. How old is your PM2? The one I just bought a few days ago is black inside and out, as well as the edge that shows on the scales, if I recall.

I hadn't noticed the edge isn't silver!

I'm convinced it is fake. As soon as they arrive I'll post pics of my own, and may have to send them to Spyderco for an evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back