Pocket Kiridashi!

Mitchell Knives

Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is an example of my "Pocket Dashi" model. These are "one off" knives; meaning that no two examples of this model will be exactly alike.

If you have never tried a kiridashi, you are missing out on one of the most useful knife designs around!

The blade is made from .103" 52100 steel, hardened to 62 HRC. This is great all around steel that takes a very fine edge! I performed all heat treating and tempering operations in my computer controlled oven. The blade features a two tone satin finish that is both attractive and practical.

The handle is quite comfortable in either standard or reverse grip. The wrap is nylon and is impregnated with epoxy to prevent unraveling or moisture retention. The under wrap is genuine grey sting ray skin.

If you look carefully, you will notice that the menuki is actually a miniature kiridashi. I sculpted this menuki from titanium and anodized it bronze/gold.

The knife is ground with a chisel hollow grind for a right hand user. The thin stock combined with the high grind make this a fantastic cutter!

Razor sharp and a great all around user! Makes an excellent "non-threatening" office or EDC blade!

It's a bit smaller than the knives that I typically make, but the size makes it a great pocket or neck carry blade!

- 62 HRC
- .103" Stock
- Hollow Chisel Grind (Right Hand)
- 2 Tone Satin Finish
- Japanese wrap with genuine grey sting ray skin
- Hand sculpted mini kiridashi menuki - annodized bronze/gold
- Razor Sharp
- 6.5" OAL, with a cutting edge of just over 1.8"
- Secure kydex sheath with neck lanyard

Sold!

This price includes shipping (with insurance and tracking number) and all fees in the USA.

International shipping is available at actual cost.

PayPal or money order preferred.

PayPal Address:

LMJMITCHELL@GMAIL.COM

**Please be sure to include the “L” at the beginning of my email address when using PayPal. Two customers recently omitted the “L”, and the funds were accidentally sent to someone else. The money was immediately refunded, but it created a bit of confusion.**

Thanks for looking! :D

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Last edited:
Back