Pohl Force Alpha Series

Pohl Force USA

Earlier this year Pohl Force released the new Alpha. The new Alpha Series knives comes in 4 variants.
From left to right The Alpha Four Survival (plain), Alpha Four Survival (Serrated) both with Spearpoint Blade. The Alpha Five (Plain) and Alpha Five (Serrated) with a Tanto Blade. With the four variants of this new knife it was hoped to offer something for everyone - which is never easy!

The older models of the Alpha have now been phased out with the exception of the Alpha Two Survival which is still available, shown below.

So... in what way is the NEW Alpha different from the old ?

There have been quite a few changes made, this is down to normal design development and progression. Many changes are made based on feedback from professionals and knife enthusiasts alike. Some of the main changed made :

The switch from a blade back lock system to liner lock - a point to note here , despite this change the liner lock system is incredibly strong and compares favorably with the older models
The handle scale contouring adopts the EOD Pohl Force pattern which is extremely comfortable and grippy.
A major change is the use of Carpenter CTS-BD1 steel
The addition of a lanyard and decorative skull.

The NEW Alpha, continues to have the full array of optional accessories available , the kydex sheath allowing the knife to be carried with the blade deployed, a black nylon Holster, a black leather sheath and a quality Cordura collectors pouch for storage.
The Alpha Kydex is also compatible of course with the 2 Pohl Force carry systems . The Shoulder Harness and Leg adapter.

Here is a picture of the NEW Alpha Five ( non serrated ) undergoing Quality Control prior to shipment.

I will also add more information and images as time goes on...

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forums!
Your Alpha Series appears to be left hand friendly. Are They? And which others are, if any?
I want to familiarize myself with your product and left hand carry option and deployment are important. The liner lock does not pose a problem to this lefthander.
Thank you.

I would describe all our folders as being left hand 'friendly' . We have a great many users who are left handed. This is a question I would like to speak directly to Dietmar Pohl about and get his thoughts, which I will of course in turn share with you :)

Thank you for showing interest in our products.

Back