Possible Issue With The SR1 Pocket Clip Screws

goldie

Gold Member
I talked to a forum member on the exchange who had the same problem. The pocket clip screws are very fine and if removed they bog down and get stuck. I removed the clip to reverse it.2 screws went in ok the third, by hand started bogging down, and got stuck wont go in or out. same issue with a screw on the other side. Called CS and its going back for repair/replacement. the forum member I contacted had worse luck. the head broke off on one screw, he got the other one out but it wont go back in.He sold his off instead of dealing with it. ive been taking knives apart for over 25 years and never had an issue.I would be wary of messing with those pocket clip screws. I even used hi tech lubes on the threads its still no good.Very disappointed right now. Has anyone else removed their screws without issue ?

I took my pocket clip off to bend the end out a little (to better fit over the lip of my jeans pocket) and to lightly sand the G10 underneath. The screws went back in without issue. I haven't messed with the screws on the other side, so I don't know about them.

edit: Wait...I take that back. Duh! I DID remove the clip screws on the other side when I first got the knife and took it apart to look at the innards. So the clip screws on both sides of mine have been out and back in once without any hangups.

Last edited:
It's funny you posted this. I had the exact issue on one of my pocket clip screws on the SR1, and taking apart knives is my thing, I have never screwed up anything through my own fault because im extremely thorough and just enjoy doing it. But, one of those screws just wont go back in, even when the pillar/threaded tube it screws into is removed and there's nothing to hinder the alignment, still no go. It almost looks as though the screw is bent, but it took zero force unscrewing it, so it was not bent through any hard torquing or force from me. Lucky me that i live in Australia, so sending it back is an absolute nightmare. So i just have to live with one screw not being fully screwed in.

I don't know why they used this double ended threaded pillar design, i hate it. Should have just used a one sided threaded pillar with a D cutout in the scales so it can't rotate. This would eliminate the other issue with these stupid double sided threaded pillars, which is having to use 2 T6 drivers, one on each side to stop the entire thing spinning when one side is tighter than the other. That's my rant. Everything else about it i love.

Last edited:
seems like the screws are longer on one side than the other. id sure hate to try to disassemble this knife, not sure how the other screws are threaded in.Mine too took little force to remove,but going back in 2 were fine, but that 3rd one from the second t went in didn't seem good.unless those pillar threads are so soft they are getting ripped up from removing the screws. I cant wait till they get that knife and find out what will be done to correct this. I hope I just get a new one,if I do, I sure wont even touch these screws...

I had the same problem when I took off the clip to reduce the width (height) of the handle to make is more like an AD-10 than the AD-10 +P it was modeled after.

I see from the tracking that the knife arrived at CS along with my note, hopefully ill hear from them in a few days.I wish they used larger screws with bigger threads,you would think a knife this massive wouldn't have such skinny fine threads holding it together.I wonder how they got them all together in the 1st place without stripping them out...

Same issue...One of the three screws just would not go into the post. I finessed it in, but I think the female contacts are too soft or mis-threaded.

Talked to cs last night, it arrived sat but has not been looked at yet,what a disappointment this knife is turning out to be.....

Back