Post photographs

WM is ahead of me. Bottom line PhotoBucket is not a free site anymore (July 2017) BladeFourm changed a few months ago and inserting photos should be easier. As a forum we will figure out the situation for new members to learn how to post and we will modify this thread. Further critic on the havoc caused by PhotoBuckets policy change needs no further discussion. 300Bucks

Last edited:
How are you all moving your photos from PB to Imgur or what ever new hosting site you are using? Also is there any easy way to repair ones old photo links that were broken by PB? I'm guessing one would have to locate every old post, edit to remove the old photo link and reinsert the same photo through the new host site.

I went and downloaded all my PB photos to my computer, now I am paying 29.00 a year to use FotoTime. Because that was what SharpbyCoop was using and it was a hurry deal before PB cut me off. I have not been back to PB to see if I exist. this was while you guys were figuring out Imgur and I just tried to do something positive in a negative situation. I guess we should all contribute their new knowledge either here or in a regular form thread to educate new folks.

I am slowly transferring photos from memory to FT. I have gotten to the point I will have to figure out some organization of them. I have not tried to repair my old posts. I may eventually go and repair the knife "ID" or history posts but not sure where or if all my photos got saved. I doubt I will do more than that. I get cross-eyed now just trying to find stuff to post. I think my wife thinks I have a girlfriend I email after she goes to bed. I have a couple thousand girlfriends.....300

Just seeing if I can post a picture using imugr.

Thanks, Victor

1UW8SUL.jpg

Okay...someone here may like to try this if you have Google Chrome.
I run a Mac with Safari that is synced with my iPhone, so I can't do Google Chrome.

I belong to a forum about canoes and the no more photos from Photobucket thing came up.
All the old step by step canoe build threads are pretty much useless without the pictures on that forum.

BUT...one of the members says he uses this site through his Google Chrome and he can see all the old pictures that Photobucket took away.

Please, if anyone tries it and it works for them, let others know so just maybe all of our old threads can still be seen by some.

The following photo is hosted at Photobucket.
It is downloaded from Photobucket. I did not use the third party link.
But it only works if you are a paying member of blade forums.

Haebbie

IMG_3550_zps03l4v1dz.JPG

Last edited:
Nice photo Herbert. Is that Ranger looking at the camera?
This is not what I was trying to talk about in my post #29 above.

I was pointing to all the older threads that have been blanked out by Photobucket.
That basically destroyed a lot of very good information.

It seems someone found a way to get around what Photobucket blanked out, but you have to do it through Google Chrome.
Since I can't operate Google Chrome and have my Mac and iPhone sync correctly, I can't check.

I put a link in post 329 for anyone with Google Chrome to try.

I'm probably not making a lot of sense, but maybe someone will be able to understand what I'm trying to say.

Here's the link to be able to see the blanked out pictures in older threads;

Possible Photo Fix

And here's a link to an older thread to show what most people see now;

Old Stag Thread

I had a terrible, terrible time posting pictures until my granddaughter helped me out..I have no hosting site and just use my phone and for ya'll that are having trouble try this. First look at the settings on your phone for pics..then set them to the smallest size possible. That is the key to NOT having a hosting site! I still have not figured out how to edit, trim ect but the ability to post a basic picture simply and easily is worth figuring out your camera settings. When I want to post I tap upload a file and choose files on my phone..Most phone cameras are set to take large pic files but you really don't need to..Try it!

When I loaded the new Apple iOS 13.1.2, I could no longer post full size pictures using my Image Size app. An old iPad with iOS 9.3.6 works just fine. The app developer says that the problem must lie with Safari and/or Apple. I can set the pixel parameters (which are now at 1024X768) and appear to be to high. Does anyone know what BladeForums recommends for normal photo posting?

2560x1440 is my camera setting

If I raise the pixel count on my app, I will probably lessen the chance of posting full size pix.

4.3 setting and I can post as fast as I take pictures.

Back