Post your Becker knives pics here

I just picked up another bk12 and this one is going to get modded out the wazu! I'm thinking of taking down the thumb ramp, on a Bridgeport of course, etching, sandblasting, patina and put one of my custom mirror polished convex edges on it...

That's what I'm talking about! Running an endmill, is getting to be a lost art nowadays. There's nothing like making those Bridgeports sing!

Hey bravo great call on IDing the bridgeport. Me thinks you have spent a little time with cutting oil in your left hand and slowly spinning the handle with your right lol

Yes sir I have! I've been around machine shops all my life. My dad was a tool and die maker when I was a kid and I remember coming to his work and running around pestering all of his co-workers! I used to watch, but then I picked up on it and learned out to make one sing! We automatic lubricators that inject cutting fluid on our Bridgeports at work!

I just picked up another bk12 and this one is going to get modded out the wazu! I'm thinking of taking down the thumb ramp, on a Bridgeport of course, etching, sandblasting, patina and put one of my custom mirror polished convex edges on it...

I thought about taking down the ramp on mine but it looks like it would cut into the serial #. Not that that would matter just an observation. I still just might do it. After seeing yours of course;)

Yes sir I have! I've been around machine shops all my life. My dad was a tool and die maker when I was a kid and I remember coming to his work and running around pestering all of his co-workers! I used to watch, but then I picked up on it and learned out to make one sing! We automatic lubricators that inject cutting fluid on our Bridgeports at work!

I went automatic. I upgraded to aerosol can cutting oil lol That don't smell like piney/mint lol

Last edited:
Thats the one that sprays on the mill bit then trickles down gets filtered and pumped back up???

Yep, there is a big catch pan at the bottom and a small pump keeps it circulating all over again. We also use some green stuff too, but I don't know what it's called. The Cimcool is supposed to go longer in between coolant changes.

That's what I'm talking about! Running an endmill, is getting to be a lost art nowadays. There's nothing like making those Bridgeports sing!

Lol I dug a little deep on my first contact. It wasnt singing but it did sound like it was tap dancing:eek:

Fastenal. I use it sometimes. I keep a old brass machinists pump can around for nostalgia

I'll have to snap some pics of some of the setups we have. We have some of those old thumb pumps with the flexible nozzle oil cans sitting around here too. Our machines are pretty old, but some are still milling within the .001 tolerance range. We are in the transition from manual machines to multiple-axis CNC machines now. Sad day for the old school machinery. A lot of America was built with these simple machines!

Anywhos, Becker photos...

I'll have to snap some pics of some of the setups we have. We have some of those old thumb pumps with the flexible nozzle oil cans sitting around here too. Our machines are pretty old, but some are still milling within the .001 tolerance range. We are in the transition from manual machines to multiple-axis CNC machines now. Sad day for the old school machinery. A lot of America was built with these simple machines!

Yes sad indeed:( Little maintenance shops like mine cant justify the expense. So the old horses still have a place for now. I will take a pic of my old lathe. It looks like a WW1 Dreadnought lol

Anywhos, Becker photos...

Sorry boss, here's a Becker photo! Tanker 1/66 Tanker 1/66 led me astray...
Ds81mVP.jpg

Back