Post Your Sears Craftsman Knives

Sears Knives
Codgers post yesterday prompt me to call for a new thread to post your pictures. Here's few pictures of my meager Craftsman collection. Since I do like stockman knives, I've picked these four.

sears1.jpg

Craftsman /STAINLESS/USA 9522
I like the shield on this one

sears3.jpg

CRAFTSMAN/USA 9541 and SCHRADE WALDEN/NY USA (855 STAINLESS on back)
These are same pattern and scales, but stamps and shields are different.

sears4.jpg

SCHRADE WALDEN/NY USA (855 STAINLESS on back)
The RAZOR BLADE STAINLESS / PAT PENDING etch dates it around 1965

I thought I was going to get an 855 with Uncle Henry Staglon scales the other night, but I got sniped. The nerve of that bidder!

I have 2 ,100th year anniversary knifes in the safe. there are about5"
vern

I believe that both the #95235 stockman shown and the 100th Anniversary knife are Camillus knives. I have the #95113 myself and it is a great (big) knife!

53vkt4.jpg

my favorite is Craftsman 95044, which i think is an 8OT. i have 3 of these, 2 NIB with papers (most recent $9.99 ebay !) and the 3rd was a "beater" so i sharpened blades to 15 degress per side and it is in my "small knife" EDC rotation (along with a T.A.Davison custom; good company !) the 4th one is the identical knife: Craftsman 95045, which also arrived in the same 1927 1977 box, but blade etch is "Bowie Stock Knife" instead of "WLS/Craftsman/tools" oval encircled and "1927" . but i think both models are Schrade
2008-02-22003.jpg

2008-02-22001.jpg

and Craftsman 9470, from "70s according to ebay seller, a very respected Schrade collector
2008-02-22005.jpg

and Craftsman 95025 with eagle/banner shield
2008-02-22007.jpg

and Crafstman 95234 and 95236(peanut)
2008-02-22010.jpg

and Sears 95235, a nice older 3 1/4" jack with eagle/banner shield
2008-02-22012.jpg

and finally Sears Stainless 95428, a very stout knife:
2008-02-22013.jpg

of course these may not all be Schrades . but they are all well made sturdy knives. roland

Very nice Roland.

That 9470 looks like an Ulster 98. I believe that is what they call a Bonite handle. Looks a lot like jigged bone.

I believe that both the #95235 stockman shown and the 100th Anniversary knife are Camillus knives. I have the #95113 myself and it is a great (big) knife!

53vkt4.jpg

That big trapper does look like the same one they did in a Yello Jaket. That one you have is a highly sought after pattern by the Camillus hunters.

Wait a minute! You mean we have to pick a favorite?
33tkymd.jpg

#9555 Saw Knife by Schrade Walden circa 1967. This was not a standard Schrade pattern that I am aware of, exclusively for Sears with the saw blade. The tangstamp is:

CRAFTSMAN
STAINLESS
U.S.A. 9555

And while it doesn't appear in most photos, the master blade has the Craftsman "crown" logo (matching the coined shield) and the number 9555. Mine came with a light tan leather pouch style sheath with "crown" Craftsman logo embossed on the flap.

I know you old timers are gonna LOVE my black matte tactical mini folder Model 95230 Craftsman ;)
Sear1.jpg

Sears_rl.jpg

I had a Craftsman Vanadium kitchen knife but gave it as a gift

Here's one for you Codger====>
WHO made this mini hatchet?
Any catalog pictures?
The head measures 3.5" X 1.5"
I think the "font type"/logo looks 40's-50's?
The "story" on EBAY was "it was used by rural housewives in the 30's and 40's to cut up chickens" :eek:
I bought it cause I think it sorta looks like a "mouse" tomahawk
Plus I collect Craftsman memorabilia in general
Craftsman_minihatchet.jpg

roland, thats a nice collection of sears knives there. I was always a fan of the white ones, kinda plain but my dad and uncle always carried them. maybe cause thats what was always avilable for a good price at the local sears store. either way nice knives guys.- Joel

thanks Joel. yep, the Craftsman 95044 is an excellent user. takes and holds a thin edge very well. another example of a Schrade that just won't quit. it'll outlive me and then hopefully be used by someone else. roland

anyone know from this crummy scan if this is a schrade craftsman or not? tang only says "craftsman usa" -Joel
zztraders019.jpg

3 bucks at an antique store :thumbup:
It looks an awful lot like a Camillus I just sold recently
At least the handle material and the "jigging"
I don't see a model # anywhere

Craftsman1.jpg

Craftsman_tag.jpg

I think the bottom pic would make a great poster for the Craftsman aficionado....

Since it was kick-started -

DSC_6729.JPG

DSC_6728.JPG

DSC_6730.JPG

DSC_6731.JPG

best

mqqn

Although Schrade made a few slipjoints for Craftsman, this is the only stockman I can think of that is clearly a Schrade, rather than a Camillus, Imperial or Ulster. Even many Schrade-stamped stockmans were either Imperials or Camilli. Many made for Jim Parker is a good example of this.

qyy3hx.jpg

Nice ones all. I used to love going to Sears with my Dad
Don't know if I already showed these two but anyway here's a couple of stockmans.
eLa86xj.jpg

2cfNlS3.jpg

bRMtUu5.jpg

vA9uou7.jpg

Back