Predator inspired machete

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Yesterday morning the movie Predator was on. Jack Crain made the movie knives and among the designs was a very cool clip point machete. Well after having been out of the shop for a couple weeks on vacation and while getting back into my work schedule, I decided to get warmed back up with the shop by making my own clip point machete :) Surely not a copy but it does please me :) To speed things up, I handled the blade in a set of Becker Knife & Tool scales I had left over. I used 1/4in thick 5160 for blade stock and flat ground the bevels leaving the mill scale on the flats. Overall it is 20 1/4in long with a 14 3/8in blade tip to handle. The clip is not sharpened although that might change later. Might be useful if I ever have to face off with a Predator in the jungle like the character Billy did. I was pleasantly surprised to achieve the weight of 2lbs. When I had this one still in my head, I thought it was going to run a lot heavier. Guess the flat grinds really helped remove some bulk. It balances well about 3 1/2in in front of the handle.

Pure awesomeness Bill!!! Major there's something in the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ain't got time to bleed, Bill, but that is another beautiful design...., as usual. Won't see no slack-jawed ****** carrying that!!!:D

Add fullers and a fully sharpened clip and it's a deal. :D

Nice work.

n2s

Thanks guys! This really is a very fun choppa!!! I was originally thinking this would be a fun behemoth type cutter but it turned out quite useable! Gonna hold onto this one for a bit to show it off to friends around the campfire :)

Thanks guys! This really is a very fun choppa!!! I was originally thinking this would be a fun behemoth type cutter but it turned out quite useable! Gonna hold onto this one for a bit to show it off to friends around the campfire :)

Would that campfire be at Mischief Henge, 3rd weekend of August...?!!

That's sweet!
I think in the 'logic oriented knife carry' countries (Australia, New Zealand) you could have that and a watermelon in your pack/bag and cops could not argue that it's unreasonable and therefore illegal to carry... ;)

Oh yeah! We took it out and played with it alongside a Busse MOAB at the Mischief. I was amazed at how well it works. Of course it is not machete light, but it is easy to control and bites deep! Unfortunately I did not get action shots :( As per a friend's suggestion, it is currently wearing Kabar micarta grips instead of the plastic ones.

Back