Problems posting feedback going to be resolved.

Goose 7279

Gold Member
I have problems posting feedback because of "the both parties having to post in the thread rule". Some people would rather communicate via pm or emailand its kinda hard to get people to leave feedback as it is. I was wondering if im the only one having this problem and or feeling this way. I know sometimes people dont want to deal with the feedback back system and any little thing that makes it harder will make them not deal with the hassle. As i stated im just wanting to see the consensus here. Not wanting to ruffle any feathers. I always think the simpler something is the more effective it will be.

I agree. Some people are reluctant to go to the (slight) trouble of leaving feedback, and anything that makes it harder or adds an extra step is a negative.

Yep, simple is good.

Andrew

It's set up this way to help assure that a transaction has actually taken place. I understand the desire to reduce the chance of people padding their numbers; but I am not willing to post my claim in an ad just so I can use the rating system.
(I have, somewhat begrudgingly, posted in a certain knifemaker's threads... but only because there was no other way to buy those knives direct.)
The reality is that I'm content not to give or receive trader ratings; and if a seller chooses to decline my purchase because I won't make such a post, so be it. (It happened under the old system, I'm sure it will happen under this one.)
Would I like to see this changed? Of course. Am I going to let the situation, as it currently exists, cause me any stress? Not a chance.

I think Spark has already given the answer to this question multiple times. Here's one that a quick search gives:

Ratings require that you posted in the thread, otherwise people could give each other unlimited feedback without ever posting an item for sale

"I'll take it" is not exactly moving mountains.

Copying the URL is literally CTRL+C, pasting is CTRL+V. Substitute your phone's copypasta if you use a phone.

Then you write something indicating it was good / bad.

If that is a pain in the ass, don't leave feedback. It's a voluntary system

Hmmm. I guess I wasn't aware of this. Is this new since the changeover?

Yea its new and i just wanted to see what others thought as i stated i dont have a problem with posting but others do. I was just wanting to see who all it has affected. Also i use to get a message letting me know i received feedback with the old but not with the new. But i do like the ease of being able to see someone elses trader feedback without having to go to their profile page and clicking there feedback tab etc.

I think Spark has already given the answer to this question multiple times. Here's one that a quick search gives:

I remember checking that thread out early on after the changeover, but I guess I didn't keep up with it long enough to get to the part where both parties needed to post in the sales thread in order to leave feedback.

I thought it was a more general 'how to' thread for feedback, and since I knew how to do that, I bailed out to check other stuff, so thanks for the link. It really doesn't matter one way or the other to me, Spark's playground.....Spark's rules, but I am glad I'm aware of it now for future use.

ETA: I was posting at the same time as you Goose so thanks for confirming the answer to my question.

I am posting this again. I left feedback for a transaction if which I did post in the thread. I clicked buyer and positive and filled in everything else. I keep getting an error message that I did not choose feedback and trade type. What am I missing? (Or does the software discriminate against Macintosh Safari?)

It'd help if you posted the thread URL you are referring to.

Back