Production Kephart vs. Bushfinger

madcap_magician

Farts rainbows.
Platinum Member
Anyone able to help me make up my mind on this? Seems hard to find comparisons. I know the Kephart is about half an inch smaller, but the Bushfinger appears to have slimmer handles.

Not too many pictures around comparing the two.

Thanks!

If you hold both you'll pick the pro-kephhart every time. It has thicker scales but a thinner blade. This thing grips! Hands down the best fiddleback made.

If you hold both you'll pick the pro-kephhart every time. It has thicker scales but a thinner blade. This thing grips! Hands down the best fiddleback made.

I hope to try the Pro Kephart one day, but I chose the Pro Bushfinger because I wanted just a bit more blade. I've got quite a few 3.5" fixed blades now and a 5 incher, but no 4" fixed blades. I'm not super crazy about the 5/32" stock, so it'll be a learning experience. Thanks, again, Bob. I can't wait to get it in hand.

The Bushfinger has more belly and works better at skinning and kitchen use which makes it super useful. You'll like it. There are subtle differences but I have said it many times, my pro-kephart one FB that I'll never sell.

I like that the production Fiddlebacks are highly competitive price-wise against other high-end production or midtech fixed blades. Same cost or cheaper than Strider or Bradford.

I have a production natural Bushfinger sitting in my mailbox at home waiting for me. Looking forward to trying it out!

... after I replace the sheath.

Update: Wow, these things are, if anything, underestimated. Grinds are dead on, stonewashing very attractive and durable, and I now Understand the Fiddleback Forge Handle Ergonomics.

Amazing.
awesome!

glad you like it

awesome!

glad you like it

Forgot to mention that the micarta is gorgeous as well. Some of the early pictures I saw were plain sandblasted micarta, this appears to be sandblasted natural micarta that was then waxed. Beautiful grain and color, red-brown with flecks of white fibers. The patterned texturing is just perfectly grippy without being abrasive.

I love how slim the handle is, yet it also fills your hand nicely in several grips.

I'm going to pick up a production Kephart, Runt, and maybe a production Duke when funds allow.

I'm a convert.

Had a Runt, bought a Kephart last year, bought a Duke last month. Love my custom Fiddlebacks, but using my production ones more.....

Back