Production runs?

I've been contemplating buying a XM-18. That being said, the online choices are pretty poor right now. Most of the big retailers have almost zero stock, and some of the smaller ones have fairly poor numbers of choices.

So...that said, how do the production runs work? Are there more knives headed out to distributors now?

Thanks.

Check out Hinderer's website & dealer's tab. They make them in batches & particular blade shapes for the most part. Right now they are running XM-24's in Bowie & just recently the Skinner. There are 3.5" ones out there if you look at the various dealers. Not much or any 3" at the moment probably.

Check out Hinderer's website & dealer's tab. They make them in batches & particular blade shapes for the most part. Right now they are running XM-24's in Bowie & just recently the Skinner. There are 3.5" ones out there if you look at the various dealers. Not much or any 3" at the moment probably.

Thanks. I've already tapped-out every listed outlet. The only available 3.5" models are the skinners or bowies. Neither, do I have any interest in buying. I guess I'll have to just wait and see what else they decide to make in the coming year.

Yeah, I clicked on a few dealers on the list and found some 3 1/2" XMs.

Yeah, I clicked on a few dealers on the list and found some 3 1/2" XMs.

Indeed. As I had mentioned, the 3.5 models are almost exclusively either skinner or bowie. I simply blew it a few months back, when so many places seemed to have good stocks of the 3.5" wharn. Oh well, it's not like there aren't a million other knives just waiting for my money... ;-)

There is usually 2 or 3 new XMs listed in classifieds here everyday. I like buying lightly used then im not afraid to use it myself, not to mention the $50 or $100 you can save.

Tried to PM you but cant. I see a 3.5" Wharny & Spearpoint at two dealers.

Indeed. As I had mentioned, the 3.5 models are almost exclusively either skinner or bowie. I simply blew it a few months back, when so many places seemed to have good stocks of the 3.5" wharn. Oh well, it's not like there aren't a million other knives just waiting for my money... ;-)

Every cloud has a silver lining.....

What works best for me is to make a folder in my favorites with links directly to the various dealer pages listed on the Hinderer website, I check them periodically to see whats available. Several of the dealer sites also have a mailing list that will inform you when new models have come in. You can also watch the forums as occasionally info about whats releasing is posted. Lastly you can email Rob over at Hinderer and ask him when a specific style/size will be made and he will usually give you an approximation of when it will be available. Other than that it is just a matter of patiently waiting.

A word to the wise though, if you come across what you're looking for at a good price don't hesitate, sometimes you will only get one shot a year at a particular batch.

There is a new 3.5" xm wharnie in a tan scale for less than regular list price right now at an online vendor...

Back