Progress Thread - The Redmeadow Bowies

I know right?:eek:
I finished slotting the nickel silver guard this morning. I'm gonna start looking into a mini mill for that. The next decent block of time I have, I'll get the HT done on these. Been a busy week and isn't gonna let up until the end of the month for me.

As long as the lovely summer doesn't make you lazy in the sun, you should be good to go. Don't mind the dry wind, there's more coming; I lost track of the number of wheelbarrow loads of pine cones picked up so far in the last two months, probably close to ten.

That's looking really good John, I haven't been on my shop for a while I've been doing a lot of fishing lately.

Thanks Scott, I'm warming up to this design more and more, really looking forward to getting into the Alt. Ivory. Thanks again for comparing that sample.

I'm getting tiny bits of shop time here and there, really makes it tough to get anything done. How goes the fishing?

Last edited:
Lake Michigan salmon and trout fishing is some of the best in the world.

Chinook season starts 1 August here. I hope I have your luck, Scott.
John, that blade looks way too handy to be a Boo Wee. What a concept, a Boo Wee knife that will be used!

Hmm, me haz idea....I hate it when that happens.
As posted by me, elsewhere on der interwebz, today.

"One from the 'You can't order that' files...Mid to late 1980's Randall Model #10-5 'Special' made for longtime authorized RMK dealer Jack Crider.

1. Drop point blade grind on a Model #10-5, 'You can't order that.'...
2. Blade choil (index finger cut out) on a Model #10, 'You can't order that.'
3. Hilt (guard) on a Model #10, 'You can't order that.'
4. Full-sized single finger-groove (SFG) handle shape on a Model #10-5 or #10-7, 'You can't order that.'
5. Elephant Ivory handle scales with maroon liners on a Model #10, 'You can't order that.' (or any other RMK for that matter, as of 2014).

That's one of mine, I think it's pretty special; let's see yours..."

10-5CS1.jpg 10-5CS2.jpg 10-5CS3.jpg 10-5CS4.jpg

Alternative Ivory would likely produce similar results. Idear away. As always, YMMV...

I've never used the term "That is the nicest Randall I've ever seen" because I haven't seen them all and one never knows.

Well, now I know. That is the nicest I've ever seen. I'd replace my TV with that one. :thumbsup::D

Back