Proof Of Busse (and Kin) Superiority

eb5fca8a7d9d007b4973f81f2bceb2eb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

That video with the guy batoning the TGLB through the concrete block is so dumb.
He just seems to brag about being rich and pounding a several hundred dollar knife through concrete.
Does not even show the edge afterwards. This is not a proof for bussekin superior, it is just plain dumb.

Don't get me wrong, Busse knives almost destroyed my interest in other blades and my experiences with INFI and SR101 were absolutely great.
I feel INFI being easier to sharpen and keeping sharp than CPM 3V, having similar or better toughness and corrosion resistance.

And I never heard of any HT issues at Busse. Every other company I know produces a lemon once in a while.
So I praise INFI and all those great & glorious Busse blades.

EDIT:
I never said Firestrike is dumb, I said the video is dumb and not good for "proving superiority" because the edge is not shown afterwards.
I am happy your knife is well (never thought otherwise) but you can do such stuff with a 30 USD Cold Steel GI Tanto as well and as long as you do not show the edge afterwards nobody will be able to understand how the several hundred USD Busse is superior.

Last edited:
That video with the guy batoning the TGLB through the concrete block is so dumb.
He just seems to brag about being rich and pounding a several hundred dollar knife through concrete.
Does not even show the edge afterwards. This is not a proof for bussekin superior, it is just plain dumb.

Don't get me wrong, Busse knives almost destroyed my interest in other blades and my experiences with INFI and SR101 were absolutely great.
I feel INFI being easier to sharpen and keeping sharp than CPM 3V, having similar or better toughness and corrosion resistance.

And I never heard of any HT issues at Busse. Every other company I know produces a lemon once in a while.
So I praise INFI and all those great & glorious Busse blades.

Small story - was sitting on a bench with a good friend. Tree next to us. He picked my RMD and threw it at the tree. He did it wrong and it bounced back, hitting the steel foot of the bench.
I think some other knives already might have broken at that point. I especially have to point out that my edge on that knife was maybe about 17° per side or even thinner, never did exact measurement.
I expected a big chip.
I just saw some rolling, very marginal. Almost like a wire edge.
Was able to "strop" it from one side to the other and then finally away with the back of my spyderco folder. A few passes on a fine ceramic stick and the leather made it shaving sharp again. This really impressed me.

But the video I mentioned above is so fkn dumb lol
Should not be used to advertise Bussekin
0f32e76902465c1274af5538be5fabc0.jpg

I'm that dumb guy, and the knife is still my favorite and in excellent condition.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

This tree thing is just freaking awesome man really Firestrike!!! How long did that take you aprox?

If I could load my video of me batoning 1/8" steel, I guess I'd be a dumb guy too huh firestrike? Sweet TGLB, hope you still have it and use it.

Do these pics make me look dumb?

If I could load my video of me batoning 1/8" steel, I guess I'd be a dumb guy too huh firestrike? Sweet TGLB, hope you still have it and use it.

Do these pics make me look dumb?

My wife and I cut our wedding cake with that TGLB, as long as I live it will remain with me.

I would have loved to see the video of that pipe.

Back