PSK knife thread

hey guys,

My favourite though is the tiny little choil. So cute! What fantastic attention to detail.

P1010019-1.jpg

Since mine came with a firesteel sheath, I was wondering how to strike it and discovered that cute little choil throws lots of sparks and doesn't screw up the blade. I wonder if this planned or a fortunate accident?

Striking is usually done on the spine but if the area forward of the edge works that's a plus. :thumbup:
Scott

I have my first Gossman blade on its way!!! I traded for a PSK with a leather sheath. Can't wait for it to get here.

No pics but my buddy shot a small doe tonite and I used my PSK on the deer. Great little blade for deer.
Scott

I will be using mine on the next deer I shoot. I don't have a camera, but I will take some crappy pics with my cell phone.

Just got my PSK in the mail today. It surpassed expectations! I haven't cut myself with it yet, but I'm working on that. :D

Edit: I'm so pleased with this knife--I had to add a picture.

Attachments

• PSK.jpg
    PSK.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I just purchased my PSK from Scott today at the Bel Air gun show. I have been eying these for a while now, so I figured what better way to get one than to buy it from the maker in person. This is my first custom knife and I can say it will not be my last, especially not my last from Mr. Gossman.
new123001-2.jpg

new123003-1.jpg

Nice to meet you today glsj1011. Hope your PSK knife serves you well. Thanks and enjoy. BTW, you're welcome to stop by the shop sometime. :thumbup:
Scott

Scott, Had a missed opportunity with the gosshawk to skin a hog. Went this weekend we caught 4 hogs decided to kill one sow (other 3 in pen getting fattened up a little more). Did not have the gosshawk but I did have my psk. Used it on a 200 lb sow. PSK probably most handy blade I have.

That's awesome cd. Thanks for posting. I have a report from someone a few years ago that skinned an entire Alaskan black bear with a PSK knife. Including skinning out the skull.
Scott

Scott, I just got my PSK with the new handles, in the mail yesterday. I am very happy with the way it looks, it looks like a brand new knife. The natural linen micarta is a good look for the PSK. I plan on using it next week on the week long squirrel hunting trip.

Thanks for the great work.

Correct me if i am wrong, but mine is the Jr correct? The naked handled ones look larger. is that just perspective?

Back