PSK Sr Passaround Reviews

Here is the Review thread. Let's keep all the reviews in one place for future reference.

Thanks and enjoy!
Brett

Here is the PSK Sr from Gossman Knives. Thanks for the chance to play with sharp pointy things Brett. Scott thank you for making such a quality piece you are truely an artist.

I had a good day with the PSK Sr to get a feel for how it handles. First of all, I like! Very nice work. My first thoughts were of how silly I am for not owning any Gossmans yet. Then it hit me, WOW this is solid, simple and very clean. I got to work right away and hoped to put in as much qulaity in this write up as Scott put into the design and workmanship of this fine piece of art. Or like you country folk would say, pig sticker!

Specs:
Blade-01 Spear point/convex with secondary bevel.

Thickness-1/8"

Blade length-4 1/16"

Cutting Surface-3 13/16"

Blade Width-1"

Handle-4 3/8"

Overall-8 1/2"

Sheath Kydex-Neck sheath
IMG_8072.jpg

IMG_8078jpg-1.jpg

IMG_8088.jpg

Finger cut out is good for wearing gloves in the winter.
IMG_8081.jpg

IMG_8085.jpg

I always felt that if I can make a simple working figure four trap that it would be a good test. This means push cuts, whittling, making notches and fine tunning all the parts with great detail.

Spine shot.
Some real thin blades can bite into your thumb doing push cuts. This was not a problem for me, 1/8" is comfortable.
IMG_8132.jpg

Making deep cuts around the green wood to break where I need. Trap parts are all about the right size and balance.
IMG_8140.jpg

Trim the top. Cutting forward is safe with this grip since the thumb is below the cut.
IMG_8142.jpg

Some whittling required to make notches.
IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

Finally a 10 minute figure four.
IMG_8145.jpg

I used it for cutting 550 paracord, tree roots, and whittled some small fuzzies.
IMG_8167.jpg

There was a mean stain from the green plant like wood and roots. You can see where the firesteel was used on the spine. I liked the spine for striking the firesteel.
IMG_8161.jpg

Compared to some popular models you can get a feel for the size of the knife.
IMG_8097.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

Flat pommel for batoning point first or into a small tree working around it making it weak enough to break.
IMG_8102.jpg

IMG_8106.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the PSK Sr.

Awesome review and pics, as always Bear. Great work. I'm excited to handle that thing! Scott's work is eminently practical.

Yes its an easy knife to capture due to it being a very practical design. It will do well. Have fun with it spooky.

Thanks for the great review, you just made me want the PSK more then I already do. Some fine knife skills you got to!

Thanks. Just so everyone knows the blade is clean and looks new again, as for sharp...I tried my best. Sending off today (monday).

Great review, you covered a lot there. My fear is that by the time the knife gets to me, there won't be anything to say that hasn't already been covered:(

Looks awesome Reuben!!!!!!!!

I knew you would kick this baby off right.

Take care man!
Brett

Great review, you covered a lot there. My fear is that by the time the knife gets to me, there won't be anything to say that hasn't already been covered:(

heck, he COMPLETELY left out food! Someone's gotta do that. Also, he didn't baton through anything or kill any animals...:)

Plenty to do!

:)

heck, he COMPLETELY left out food! Someone's gotta do that. Also, he didn't baton through anything or kill any animals...:)

Plenty to do!

:)

I left some scraps for you. Lets not forget skinning a worm. See there is still plenty to do.

Stop giving all the goods ideas away:( Ok, nobody cut pizza with it, I'll get that done on my shift:D

Stop giving all the goods ideas away:( Ok, nobody cut pizza with it, I'll get that done on my shift:D

Here is an idea we will keep on the down low. Order a pizza but ask that they leave it whole without slicing it so you can do the dirty work. We will keep this one quiet so no one takes this great test of slicing and food prep all at once. :thumbdn:

Tough act to follow, Bear'! Nice work.:thumbup:
By the time it gets to me, I will have to have found a Mastadon to slay to do something original.

Back