Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Thanks John, yes it feel great in the head ah ah, I mean hand it naturally wants to fall forward and chop.

Thanks Tim, I actually put a little mahogany dye on this it was too light for the age of the blade.

Nice dye job. I would have never guessed that. I've seen a lot of burl that comes out really blotchy if it's not done right but that has a nice natural tone.

Thanks Tim, I've ruined enough good stuff to figure out how to do it right. One of things that works really well is using quality dyes instead of stains, you can control the tint much better I mix mine with alcohol.

Thanks Tim, I've ruined enough good stuff to figure out how to do it right. One of things that works really well is using quality dyes instead of stains, you can control the tint much better I mix mine with alcohol.
Now it all makes sense.

Kukri and mini chef in Oklahoma Damascus, they only have a half a bijillion coats of Danish earl, only a half bajillion to go.
K&C.jpg

I know exactly what you mean, it does make for a nice finish as long as it gets to dry. Those are looking sweet!

Thanks Johnny, it's about 7 coats so far and it's starting to look decent, gonna put several more on then hit it with a coat of wax and buff it.

Scott, I might've missed it, but do you use any forced heat? I've 'heated' anything that needed to be melted in, wax in all forms, etc. I'm inpatient that way.

Yes, I'm impatient like that as well i use a blow torch to warm the handle then apply and buff.

Last edited:
Looks good Scott. Ive never heated the handle for danish before. I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks Sheldon, Kookri be done needs to work on the scabbard will post pics later

Back