Quartermaster knives

Aren't the 'companies' import branches relatively new?

Isn't the b/l from right around when QTRMSTR started?

Seems like an easy way to hide your activity. Like when Bruce Wayne ordered 100k of each of the pieces to his cowl in Batman begins.

While I don't really care where they are made (my phone was made in China and my car was made in the US... With machines and parts from China. It's unavoidable IMO unless you make it yourself with trees you grew) and I find it plainly hilarious that the owner of the company is trying to pretend that their facility is SUPER SECRET which really just plays to their intended audience of people who are mentally 13 (while using names from shows that no teenager has heard of)... I also can't find a single one of their products aside from the QTR7 that is even of mild interest to me, and even that one looks like punishment to use.

How does this company still exist? Their products are expensive and look ridiculous, their marketing makes no sense, and I have never seen their stuff in a brick and mortar store. Who is buying these?

They're all instagram specials. Dudes that aren't knife guys buying knives because of the EDC craze.

That's kind of where I am. Everything that people bring in as evidence is simply circumstantial at best without the proper context. You can show a wife a video of her husband hugging another woman and saying he loves her, and she will take it as evidence of him cheating. Well that other woman was his cousin he is close to and the wife just never met her.

Context is everything.
A better analogy for this situation is a wife catches her husband hugging another woman and telling her he loves her but rather than easily clearing up this rather simple misunderstanding he blows her off and refuses to speak about it. He then tells her it's his cousin who lives at such and such address but when the wife googles the address it turns out to be a Wal-Mart.

Well since Copiousity started selling a line of imports under "madblacksmith knives", it would stand to reason that there would be a B/L showing those imports.
And if Quartermaster was sourcing all of their products off-shore , wouldn't there be more than one shipment ( that was all I could find)?

As far as Strider .... I'm a half-full kind of guy.
He turned his life around and is a successful small businessman, making knives in the US and creating jobs.

......said the guy with the avatar of a WWII soldier carrying a Thompson and kneeling in front of the Stars and Stripes :rolleyes:

You dont get it - both Burger and that Jared entity are lying through their teeth.

With an avatar like that one would assume that in the case of Burger stealing valor would matter.

There are multiple import reports some as recent as just a couple months ago, that I've been able to find. Photos of their knives being made by We/Wayeah Knives, lying about "their" shop when it's known and proven it's someone else's, the addresses they have shown are residences. The dude that claims he runs "the shop" does t even know what Jackalope Ranch is, even though that's where they claim to have their compound with three story knife museum. It's all public info, how does anyone still think this is speculation?

Well I've learned a $350 lesson in the last few days! Ugh. I haven't been on blade forums for quite a while. The bug bit me again recently and I've started purchasing some knives the last few months. I was super fortunate to be able to pick up one of Grant and Gavin Hawk's Deadlock OTF's. Side note, it is fantastic and will be posting a review soon. I have been checking out their many collaborations since this purchase and thought the quartermaster General Lee 2 seemed really cool. The mechanism to open and close the knife looked really unique so I ordered one from blade hq. Then I did my research....Just as any majorly impulsive idiot does. Sounds like I may be getting a well made $350 Chinese knife delivered soon. Live and learn. Luckily the purchase was made with gift certificates.

Well I've learned a $350 lesson in the last few days! Ugh. I haven't been on blade forums for quite a while. The bug bit me again recently and I've started purchasing some knives the last few months. I was super fortunate to be able to pick up one of Grant and Gavin Hawk's Deadlock OTF's. Side note, it is fantastic and will be posting a review soon. I have been checking out their many collaborations since this purchase and thought the quartermaster General Lee 2 seemed really cool. The mechanism to open and close the knife looked really unique so I ordered one from blade hq. Then I did my research....Just as any majorly impulsive idiot does. Sounds like I may be getting a well made $350 Chinese knife delivered soon. Live and learn. Luckily the purchase was made with gift certificates.

Return to bladehq. Then tell them how upset you are they were willing to sell this garbage.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I wonder what the people they collaborate with would think of their shady practices? There is enough of us here to reach out and contact their collaborators to shame them.

......said the guy with the avatar of a WWII soldier carrying a Thompson and kneeling in front of the Stars and Stripes :rolleyes:

You dont get it - both Burger and that Jared entity are lying through their teeth.

With an avatar like that one would assume that in the case of Burger stealing valor would matter.

You don't know me or what matters to me so don't assume anything.
I have immediate family who have served and fought in the last dozen conflicts the US has been involved in.

I also don't disparage others I don't know and post things on a public website to hurt someone's lively hood.

I wonder what the people they collaborate with would think of their shady practices? There is enough of us here to reach out and contact their collaborators to shame them.

There's a couple different firearms "experts" on Instagram that have collabs with QRTMTDRDS; I wonder if anyone has tried to make them aware...

Return to bladehq. Then tell them how upset you are they were willing to sell this garbage.

Nah. Won't be doing that. Not bladehq's problem that I didn't do my research. I have seen a few folks that own this particular knife and if it's made in China, then I'll have a nice, albeit overpriced knife heading my way shortly.

Someone also mentioned shaming collaborators. No effing way will I do that. Most of these guys had zero clue as to what was going on here. It's not their fault if these knives are really being made in China. It's just quartermaster's fault. I assume the collaborators were just as duped as the buyers.

Nah. Won't be doing that. Not bladehq's problem that I didn't do my research. I have seen a few folks that own this particular knife and if it's made in China, then I'll have a nice, albeit overpriced knife heading my way shortly.

Someone also mentioned shaming collaborators. No effing way will I do that. Most of these guys had zero clue as to what was going on here. It's not their fault if these knives are really being made in China. It's just quartermaster's fault. I assume the collaborators were just as duped as the buyers.
In my opinion it is actually Blade HQ fault, along with any other retailer that when faced with the amount of evidence presented continues to carry this product. I have called them and they communicated they are well aware of the ongoing events with Quartermaster however they continue to carry them because they sell! So they only really care about your money.

Business that exists to make money continues to do things that make money, news at 11

Back in the day, the old company was claiming they made their knives out of BG42 steel, this was long after the company that produced it had stopped making it. Aside from that, the knives were all available for under $75. If that is not enough to make people suspicious, then they deserve whatever they get for ignoring common sense.

hey guys, I get that this thread is a bit old and stuff but I noticed something that is worth saying here. The address for quartermaster knives a PO box in dripping springs in Texas and the address for Hawke knives is the exact same PO box in Texas. Previously, I have never heard anything about the two brands being related so how come they have the same address? They have to be connected in some way...

I had never heard of Hawke knives but looking them up, they definitely have a QFRMRFRBRFLLPPBBTH vibe about them.

I noticed the connection, I think I mentioned it in one of the TONS of threads on this company.

Jared West, right as he left Mantis, got involved with Mykel Hawke, some faux survivalist guy(maybe from a tv show?), and they introduced a series of knives, tools and outdoorsy stuff, all made in China type mall ninja looking stuff. He did a similar thing with "COMBAT READY" knives, more made in China knives, low end stuff under a different name - now mostly defunct. I know this as I was on mantis militia email list, and after Jared left mantis, he still used that email list to inform of his business interests and promos.

I know I mentioned this in an earlier thread, because people were wondering why he was getting tons of chinese knives shipped to his house in dripping springs texas. This is a possible reason - his hand is in more than one cookie jar, so to speak. Mantis, Hawke, Combat Ready, Mad Blacksmith, all unabashedly Chinese made product. Makes sense he just had them shipped to his home, he probably never figured anyone would go searching for shipping manifests and the like.

Manufacturer Information
Hawke Knives

P.O. Box 1121
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
http://www.hawkebrand.com

Hawke Brand is a division of Number 6 Brands

Number 6 Brands is the parent company of PahaQue, Hawke Knives, and Kraken Blades

I can find no record of registration or licensing of Number 6 Brands - or any record of it at all prior to 2016

Never simple with these guys, is it? Wheels within wheels within wheels.

Last edited:
6J8Ra8b.jpg

Back