• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Queen Customer Service

NewBlades16

BANNED
I just returned 2 Queen knives back to the dealer because of fit and finish issues. I reached out to upper management at Queen and I was very surprised at how poor their customer service is. I called and left a voicemail first and never got a reply. Then I emailed the President and VP of Queen and I got a call from the VP over a week later. He did not want to hear anything I said. He even told me that this is his part time job to him and he usually does not return calls. Ha ha. I guess that is better than the President of the company; Not a response. I even told the VP that this was my first Queen purchase. I will not be buying their products again. Anyone else have any experience with customer service from Queen?

I'm sad about this having played the 'return till I got a good one' game with Queen knives myself. There was a lot of talk of change but as the years have gone by, it doesn't seem to be happening. The problem being that the amount of traditional knife manufacturers has shrunk and two of the three 'big' names in US traditional knife manufacturing, Case and Queen, are not particularly producing or aiming for competitive quality control in comparison to the resurgent knife market. Queen being the only one currently able to regularly produce more modern steels makes this even sadder. I currently hope and expect that the market will move to newer and different manufacturers who have a proven track record for both quality and also an eye to the future.

I've had a knife there since February and have gotten the run around on its return
Wow, after finally receiving a response from there customer service I was about to return one for repair. Sounds like I need to rethink that.

I'm sad about this having played the 'return till I got a good one' game with Queen knives myself. There was a lot of talk of change but as the years have gone by, it doesn't seem to be happening. The problem being that the amount of traditional knife manufacturers has shrunk and two of the three 'big' names in US traditional knife manufacturing, Case and Queen, are not particularly producing or aiming for competitive quality control in comparison to the resurgent knife market. Queen being the only one currently able to regularly produce more modern steels makes this even sadder. I currently hope and expect that the market will move to newer and different manufacturers who have a proven track record for both quality and also an eye to the future.

hughd, You summed it up very well. I had heard about fit and finish and quality issues but nothing about customer service so I thought if I bought their products, they would stand by me for sure. Also, I was rooting for them so much! I wanted an alternative to the other guys just across town from them. I thought that "There is no reason Queen can't do it!" I was eager to give them my business and support and become a lifelong customer of theirs. Not as planned.

Wow, after finally receiving a response from there customer service I was about to return one for repair. Sounds like I need to rethink that.
Maybe you should give them a try. If you decide to, please let us know your outcome.

hughd, You summed it up very well. I had heard about fit and finish and quality issues but nothing about customer service so I thought if I bought their products, they would stand by me for sure. Also, I was rooting for them so much! I wanted an alternative to the other guys just across town from them. I thought that "There is no reason Queen can't do it!" I was eager to give them my business and support and become a lifelong customer of theirs. Not as planned.

Couldn't have put it better myself. That's exactly the way I feel about Queen.

Fortunately, I've got a few good ones from Queen in my collection and I haven't had to use their customer service. I suppose I better count my blessings.

Like Railsplitter, I have not had to contact CS, have not had any issues with the Queen knives I have. I have had really good CS from Bear and Son years ago, and really outstanding CS from Colonial.

I sent an email to the President of the Colonial Knife Company Steve Paolantonio about a knife that was lost to USPS during return, and he had it replaced at no charge, not even shipping, and while he was at it sent a replacement part for a knife that has been out of production for over a decade AND personally responded to my email the same day, from home on a Sunday! Have I been buying and recommending his products and giving them as gifts? Will I be a repeat customer in the future? Yes, indeed.

I've only had one experience with Queen CS a couple years ago. Let's just say I would not like to deal with them again.

Sorry to hear that Queen is not doing good customer service!:(
A dozen years ago, they were exceptional at it! I had two knives replaced, quickly!:thumbsup:
I hope they pick up the ball again.:rolleyes:

The sad part is that if you want a traditional there are so few that seem to be in the game and even fewer using some more variety of steels.

Not only is Queen the only manufacturer that makes my favorite pattern but they also make it in my favorite blade steel. I'm glad I've got a couple good ones already but I sure would like to see that QC improve.

I might need another D2 Railsplitter one of these days.

This topic seems to be more about the company than the knives. Since the knives were already returned to the dealer, were you just contacting Queen to complain? I hope it works out. I think the VP you contacted is Ken's son. Manufacturers don't get much smaller than Queen. Queen's website gives this contact for repairs: Julie Schley, Repairs julschley@queencutlery.com

This topic seems to be more about the company than the knives. Since the knives were already returned to the dealer, were you just contacting Queen to complain? I hope it works out. I think the VP you contacted is Ken's son. Manufacturers don't get much smaller than Queen. Queen's website gives this contact for repairs: Julie Schley, Repairs julschley@queencutlery.com

If you want to call it complain, then so be it. But look, if you are running a company and you had a New customer that had bad products from you, don't you think, as an upper management that you would want to know about it and make the customer feel good about buying your products? A new customer. Sure returning it to the dealer, but should it end there? You do not think the company should hear about it. And it was not only 1 knife but 2 knives. Sorry dude, not a legit argument. Yes I know the person you mentioned and I spoke to that person. That person only had limited responsibility and I went for the top tier management who run that company. At the point when I contacted Queen it was not a repair issue, so the person you are referring to was not an appropriate contact for what my issue was. Do you think you should be mentioning specific names here? We are talking about customer service experiences. And if you notice the beginning of my thread, it is about Customer Service. I did not see anywhere where I was not allowed to discuss this. What is your point?

If you want to call it complain, then so be it. But look, if you are running a company and you had a New customer that had bad products from you, don't you think, as an upper management that you would want to know about it and make the customer feel good about buying your products? A new customer. Sure returning it to the dealer, but should it end there? You do not think the company should hear about it. And it was not only 1 knife but 2 knives. Sorry dude, not a legit argument. Yes I know the person you mentioned and I spoke to that person. That person only had limited responsibility and I went for the top tier management who run that company. Do you think you should be mentioning specific names here? About Queen being a small company? Are you trying to say smaller is better? We are talking about customer service experiences. And if you notice the beginning of my thread, it is about Customer Service. I did not see anywhere where I was not allowed to discuss this. What is your point?

Customer service to me is equally as important to the product itself - although I would prefer a product that doesn't require customer service.

I don't think anything disparaging was said or hinted at, but perhaps this would be most appropriate in the feedback area, as we are to specifically discuss the knives here. I'm no moderator, but just hoping to clarify.

This is where you can find the info:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...tional-folders-fixed-blades-sub-forum.530532/

Sorry to hear that Queen is not doing good customer service!:(
A dozen years ago, they were exceptional at it! I had two knives replaced, quickly!:thumbsup:
I hope they pick up the ball again.:rolleyes:
I guess I am a dozen years too late. Looking at the future and not the past.

If you want to call it complain, then so be it. But look, if you are running a company and you had a New customer that had bad products from you, don't you think, as an upper management that you would want to know about it and make the customer feel good about buying your products? A new customer. Sure returning it to the dealer, but should it end there? You do not think the company should hear about it. And it was not only 1 knife but 2 knives. Sorry dude, not a legit argument. Yes I know the person you mentioned and I spoke to that person. That person only had limited responsibility and I went for the top tier management who run that company. At the point when I contacted Queen it was not a repair issue, so the person you are referring to was not an appropriate contact for what my issue was. Do you think you should be mentioning specific names here? We are talking about customer service experiences. And if you notice the beginning of my thread, it is about Customer Service. I did not see anywhere where I was not allowed to discuss this. What is your point?

I'm not trying to be argumentative. I don't know many companies with VPs that take complaints from customers. But I don't give excuses for the way it was handled according to your statement. What you describe is not good business. Queen struggling is more than a two decade old story but I understand your frustration. And I understand it is all new to you.

As I understand the rules, we are supposed to talk about the knives in this forum and buying and customer service in Good Bad Ugly. As you say, this is about customer service.

Customer service to me is equally as important to the product itself - although I would prefer a product that doesn't require customer service.

I don't think anything disparaging was said or hinted at, but perhaps this would be most appropriate in the feedback area, as we are to specifically discuss the knives here. I'm no moderator, but just hoping to clarify.

This is where you can find the info:
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/...tional-folders-fixed-blades-sub-forum.530532/

focus upon the discussion of traditional knives...not the purchasing process, prices nor vendors and their websites.

This was the only thing I found when I researched before I posted and tried to stay within guidelines. I am talking about 2 knives specifically and the customer service that goes with it. If there is a moderator that can clarify this, please do. I was very careful about my topic and words as it relates specifically about knives, and not a purchase or specifically about a dealer. Thanks

Back