• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Queen Customer Service

What was it that you received used and was classified as new/unused?
A pocket knife by Taylor/Schrade I purchased as a gift for my nephew. Ordered on Amazon (and "sold by and shipped from" Amazon in the description). The bolsters on one end had been over tightened on assembly, with the result that it was necessary to push one of the blades fully closed (it was not a situation where it would ever wear in). The tip would end up sticking up in a way that would have led to injury. The paperwork for a previous return was still in the box, including another customer's name address and phone number! Amazon did make it right, but should not have re-sent a return (that had been pointed out as defective) in the first place. I was even more irritated because I had to scramble to get a replacement. Turned out OK, and if he is still interested next birthday I will step him up to a better knife.

Seen that return trick from Amazon.
Sucks you got one of them.
If you don't mind, can you let us know where it came from?
Joe

Edit: just saw your response! Thanks!

Good, you got your money back. I would be reluctant to use a mail order source for anything if there are limited returns, or if as in my case defective product that had already been returned was sent out as new/unused. The experience really reflects a bit more on the dealer than when I had first read through. I had thought that the products had been sent to Queen and they had not made an attempt at repair, but I had misread the first time around. Glad it ultimately got resolved in your favor.

My mistake brother.
Just wanted to know where you ordered from, then saw you had answered my question with your next post.
Have seen this many times from Amazon. Some people even send back a clone and keep the real one. Happens a lot with PM2s.
Glad you
Were able to get it straightened out.
Joe

Sure, if I can. Can you be more specific?

I doubt the people working the returns have a clue what to look for. As long as there is any knife in the box, they're taking it back.
There have been many posts from the poor people who have received the clones when they paid for the real thing.
Sucks.
Joe

Even more reason for Amazon to pay attention to its returns department.

I doubt the people working the returns have a clue what to look for. As long as there is any knife in the box, they're taking it back.
There have been many posts from the poor people who have received the clones when they paid for the real thing.
Sucks.
Joe
A shame. Literally!

Back