Questions for the community

That M43 looks so awesome. I -love- mine.

The Mauno Keranen Tommi Puukko has a great looking blade on it! It also looks comfortable in the hand.

That M43 looks so awesome. I -love- mine.

The Mauno Keranen Tommi Puukko has a great looking blade on it! It also looks comfortable in the hand.

Yep I love the Curly Birch handles that a lot of Puukko's have, I think its what drew me to it. Love that coloration, pretty much all Helle knives have it as well.

Welcome!

I don't post as much as I should. But do pop in from time to time to say hello!

I've been a big fan of the kami Thamar and his old style of HI khukuris.

w2o1F7r.jpg

Also a gun guy and traditional archer.
We0qDYJ.jpg

Been promoting Chinese archery hard recently ;)

Yup you pretty much been neglecting us around here lately.

That photo of you sends a subliminal message, can barely make it out. .....oh yeah. Do not mess with thee!

Thamar is probably my hands down favorite kami too.
I have his trifecta and of course the bestest curved spine.

I love his style.

Welcome!

w2o1F7r.jpg

We0qDYJ.jpg

Those are some awesome Thamar Dui and Tin Chirra. If you would be so kind as to give as to give some stats(length/weight) on yours that would be double awesome. I myself have two Thamar Dui Chirra that I love, just wish I was able to get my hands on a Thamar Tin Chirra.

Welcome!

w2o1F7r.jpg

We0qDYJ.jpg

Thanks for the post!

Guns lie far more in my area of specialty, Benelli M4? What do you have on your hip there?

I'll try to pop in more often from time to time!

I'm blessed to finally get back to a 7-4pm M-F office job. Been spending more time with my wife, family, and getting back into shape.

My Thamar trio was left at my father in law's house in between moves so one day I'll get around to measuring and weighing. I can tell you that the Dui is the largest and heaviest and the Tri fuller one the lightest and fastests. Hands down favorite of the three is the Yek.

Yup, Benelli m4 is my home defense gun and in the holster is a Sig Sauer SP2022.

I'll try to pop in more often from time to time!

I'm blessed to finally get back to a 7-4pm M-F office job. Been spending more time with my wife, family, and getting back into shape.

My Thamar trio was left at my father in law's house in between moves so one day I'll get around to measuring and weighing. I can tell you that the Dui is the largest and heaviest and the Tri fuller one the lightest and fastests. Hands down favorite of the three is the Yek.

Yup, Benelli m4 is my home defense gun and in the holster is a Sig Sauer SP2022.

Nice, I run a keltec KSG as my "I need to kill everything in the house gun" otherwise my IWI .40 is my primary for home defense.

My Marine son just got promoted to Corporal. He's coming home Saturday for a few weeks prior to his second deployment to the sand box. Looks like Christmas in Kuwait for him this year.
Per his wishes I got his motorcycle started and ready to ride. Last time he was home it was cold and winter, suspect he'll be riding a bit this time.

My Marine son just got promoted to Corporal. He's coming home Saturday for a few weeks prior to his second deployment to the sand box. Looks like Christmas in Kuwait for him this year.
Per his wishes I got his motorcycle started and ready to ride. Last time he was home it was cold and winter, suspect he'll be riding a bit this time.

Congrats on your son coming home, I know how difficult it is for me to see my family. I make it home maybe once a year, even harder with a serious gf and two homes to need to visit...

Been on a knife buying spree, at some point here I'll post here what I've picked up.

On the kukri front however, after 3 months I finally have the BSI kukri from Tora Blades on its way. I ordered it for my father for fathers day way back when, I'll take a couple pictures of it before sending it on!

God bless him Mr Bawanna! I really believe in prayer and I'll be praying for him!

Grats Mr. B! Thanks to your son for what he does! Enjoy your visit and hope all goes well for him in the sandbox.

He of course has his choice of anything I own or can get my hands on.
He carries a Spyderco ARK neck knife and whatever the Marines issue him.
Still pretty much restricted to what they allow.
He has a couple of his own of course, just don't carry them.

IMG_9636.JPG IMG_9636.JPG A couple of my Thamars as well! I love his traditional styling! A great Kami photos not too clear!
Welcome!

w2o1F7r.jpg

We0qDYJ.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9022.JPG
    IMG_9022.JPG
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
I really love his quality of work stwm!
It's true, Thamar is awesome. I cried when I chipped my handle!
The forward-weighting of my tin Chirra is crazy, it feels like an axe when you swing it. It's so different from my fulltang M43 and is the main reason I am so AK-curious.. It's "unbalanced" just the way it should be - forward-weighted, for extreme chopping.

I feel like the CAK would probably feel a lot like the M43.

Back