Randall Mod 14 Green Tenite and Vietnam-Korean War Canteen Heiser Sheath

I was at Blade 2017 and happened to luck across a Vietnam era Randall Model 14 with green Tenite handle and a Heiser roughback canteen sheath from the Korean War thru Vietnam Era.
The information I post here was obtained from friends and collectors I trust and respect for their knowledge of Randall. Naturally the cost of the setup drove the Tenite model 14 research before I took the leap to make the purchase. The sheath is absolutely in exquisite shape and the knife is exceptional.

I carried a M14 with sawteeth on two tours to OEF and a brief stay in Mosul and ever since they've become a fascination.

I now have to start the search for the individual who's name is engraved on the blade-
"Richard Pauwels"

IMG_6065.JPG IMG_6066.JPG
I just had to share!

For those of you with infinitely more Randall knowledge than me, which would be approximately 90 percent if I had to wager, please feel free to throw a little education my way.

Hooah! Go Army!

Beautiful knife and sheath! Does the blade have a Randall stamp or is it hidden in the reflection? Perhaps the stamp was etched and has faded with polishing. Looks like a Solingen made blade. What do you think Sheldon?

Tom, I tried some photoshop 'magic' on the picture, and it looks like there may be some etched or engraved letters on the ricasso. Isn't that where Solingen markings could be found? [Click here for image.]
-Steve

Good job, Steve! I see it now. Thank you!

IMG_2863.jpg Here's a better shot for you gentlemen! The letters over the years have more than likely been polished off towards the spine. The camera angle and lighting weren't optimal when I took the photos with my phone. I put together a PDF with much better photos a few days after the initial pics.

Back