Random Photo Thread!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
The title says it all! Random photos go here!

I'll be putting up some old ones while I wait on the new camera.

If you have anything you want to post, please do!

I used to live in St. Thomas, USVI. Here's a few from there. These are from around 2003 and taken with a 3.1 mp Olympus point and shoot.

This was taken from the woods behind my first place, I used to do a ton of hiking up there. I'm actually standing near the remains of an abandoned movie theater!

That's downtown St.T in the pic! I moved to St.Thomas with a $20 bill and that was it... just proves you can do anything if you really want to.

gf_zpsf898c4cb.jpg

I forget the name of this tree... they grow wild and are pretty cool. I was under this tree for the previous pic... same spot.

P1010031_zps14f1ae6c.jpg

My old place... we had a ton of plants. I think when we moved I had at least 100 plants, just about every tropical fruit you can think of. Most were wild collected with just a machete. Dig or cut!

jP1010007_zps86b48934.jpg

mvc-008f_zpsffec1332.jpg

MVC-011F_zps4ba7c73a.jpg

Yarrrgghh! Dead men tell no tales!

This scene might be a bit familiar... more on that later. The camera was messed up at the time of taking this but I had to post it anyways!

MVC-023F_zps73327a44.jpg

Last edited:
These were taken with an older digital back in 2002... It was a nice camera and I got really into photography.

I borrowed it and took these pics... my friend Harry borrowed it and took most of the postcard photos you see in Grenada today!

Canouan, St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Copy2ofMVC-418S_zps50646539.jpg

Copy2ofMVC-419S_zpsff96babe.jpg

Last edited:
OK now were getting in to the better pics...

Barioulle St.Vincent - This is a very typical small island town.

MVC-121F_zps4f8b3d55.jpg

MVC-116F_zps1346c209.jpg

Last edited:
The cannons! Look at that anchor!

MVC-048F_zpsaeb5271f.jpg

Yarrgh the Black Pearl!

MVC-047F_zpsef30f37a.jpg

Yarrrggghhh!!!! The Black Pearl's porta potties!

MVC-044F_zps8c41deda.jpg

We were lucky enough to be in St.Vincent while they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean. We drank beer with the St. Vincy Coast Guard and watched them film at nights from our dinghy!

Cool pics dude! I'll dig up some different ones and put them up here.

-X

Please do! I was inspired by your photo album...

Great memories,,, these are beautiful

Thanks! It was a ton of fun. The Caribbean was a blast, I was based in St. Thomas which is a US territory. It is super easy to get a job and there is a lot of fun stuff to do. It was wild times!

I like to subscribe to the "There are always 10 interesting things around you" philosophy with my photography, so I take lots of pics of random things.

CameraEffects_zpscc61b99c.jpg

CameraEffects_zps07f95c74.jpg

CameraEffects-18.jpg

Stair1_zps39d3689d.jpg

DSC_0171_zps8d0a6617.jpg

DSC_0161_zps3bc166ab.jpg

677193471_l1.jpg

I will dump some more pics from time to time.

-Xander

Killer Photos! Pro quality... I'm really excited about the new camera now!

Are all of those on the D200? wow!

Mini blinds? that is a favorite along with the classic "Milkshake"

We were looking at your album yesterday, that is the best buckle ever!

Here are some pics of the devastation that Sandy brought to my neighborhood this past October.Some houses & cars were pretty messed up,while others(thankfully mine) were untouched.

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012010.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012009.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012008.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012007.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012006.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012004.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012001.jpg

Sandy_aftermath_RahwayNJ_10-30-2012013.jpg

Killer Photos! Pro quality... I'm really excited about the new camera now!

Are all of those on the D200? wow!

Mini blinds? that is a favorite along with the classic "Milkshake"

We were looking at your album yesterday, that is the best buckle ever!

Thanx bud! No, not all on the D200, some are cell phone pics, some on the D200, and I don't remember which camera I used for the one of my ex. That's a funny one to me actually, I was really into over saturated colors in my photos then, almost a Lomo style with the over exposure and rich reds. She was a fantastic model for shooting, but turns out that was about it...

I'm sure you notice I add pics to the random album from time to time. I have about 350 pics on my card to go through this morning from the last two days so I will find some more to put in there and maybe some up here as well.

Oh, yeah, mini blinds. Learning to see the light can make things look much different.

-Xander

JTR357, that is some wild stuff! Sorry to see that but the photos are really interesting too. I like your neighborhood!

Xander, lmao on the ex.

Thanks guys! Keep up the awesome pics!

Thanks Daniel.I'm happy to say that it's been five months since the storm & you'd never know anything happened. :)

Back