Random Photo Thread!

Is it weird that my first thought was "it looks like someone too MS Paint and used the black spraypaint can all over the wall?" haha.

Some of the creepy crawlie food at work. These guys are gross, they are pretty vicious too, they can chew through the plastic lids to their containers and get out. I've heard that if fed live to small lizards that they will kill the lizard by eating their way out from their gut:eek:

PC_20140226_093451_zpsuoy7uqdk.jpg

These are super worms, usually about 1.5-2" long (3.5-5cm) and up to 1/4" (6mm) fat! Nasty things.

-Xander

Pet feed retailer, but we sell small animals. We host adoptions on the weekends as well.

-X

reminds me of market in Thailand. These were for people though. I tried the crickets with green onion. It was not bad at all really.
123604811_1b9b9c34bb_b.jpg

123604808_0aa545fb5e_b.jpg

123604807_57d423767d_b.jpg

Yeah, in many Asian countries insects are the major protein source. I've eaten my fair share of bugs, but that's usually due to an open face helmet on a bike, lol! June bugs are surprisingly tasty, strong anise flavor.

These meal worms are a common food source in some countries as well. Yuck.

-X

Sunset at one of the local lakes last Sunday.

DSC_0445_PerfectlyClear0001_zpszawqkpsy.jpg

An orchard on the way there.

2014-02-27%2010.04.28_zps32rr5pgv.png

-X

Last edited:
Crazy clouds today.. high altitude backdrop to the little fluffy clouds made this stand out to me.. cirrocumulus, cumulus, and stratocumulus. Yes I took many geoscience and related classes... but I had to flip open a book to recall correct full terms :D

AUhSf3O.jpg

Very nice! We need a gardening thread soon.

Great pics everyone, I am really enjoying this thread.

Brought a simple run and gun setup to work today for taking pics of some of the pups up for adoption. This is Lt. Dan, she has had one back leg amputated because the mother attacked all and killed 3 pups from the litter. There are 3 more still alive and recovering. They are Lab Shepherd mix.

This is Brandi (not my Brandi) who has been fostering them. Lt. Dan got adopted today!

2014-03-08%2013.18.13_zpspdmlqb9p.png

This was a quick session of about 10 minutes, only post processing done was sepia toning, otherwise it's straight out of the camera.

-Xander

Lt. Dan! Ice Cream!

That aside; bawww . I'd totes adopt if I were closer. And Tyrion didn't want to eat other dogs.

First time ive broken the glass with one of my shots, happened this morning! This one missed the crossbar by about two inches and I'm glad it did! Wasn't in a game so I'd rather have the cool factor than a goal.

It has been a little while since I have checked this thread. You guys have taken some nice shots! That goes double for you Evan....... ya get it ? :D ....whatever , my other personalities think I am funny.:D
Here is a pic of some forged W2 steel.
12708604035_bd6899cade_h.jpg

Nice stuff guys!

Evan that doesn't play! :D

FBC very cool! Even cooler... did you forge those?

Xander keep them coming!

Sloth I want my garden going! :D snowy here still! good stuff

Back