Random Photo Thread!

Hmmm way back in 2003??? hmmm before then man! mid 90s played out.. 2000 continued the with more of the same... shit go back further.. Zoo York Baker 2G, circa 2000.. was not ground breaking by any means... sick video back then though, but meh...

Or Plan B/Toy Machine/Bam in Jump off a building, 1998, same thing (fish eye overplayed).. and again, great classic.. in fact:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_cvOvgREY

A really nice wide angle lens would have been better and not so.. trendy, but still these early skate videos still kick ass over the current copy cat crap :)

Yes I was a skater back in the 80-90s (in Arizona)... and then moved to Oregon and picked up snowboarding.. and still do..

Now Gopro 240fps and dubstep, yes, overdone in a few years time..

Oh and hey, that Miranda! I didn't think anyone had one anymore! I'll get a photo of mine.. mint condition. My pops gave it to me 15yrs ago or so.. He purchased it new at a camera store in Germany.

And this is a photo thread... so pic of my first deck (P&P) and 2nd deck.. Well my first "real" deck(s).. my first skateboard was a blue plastic "Coyote" with red hard as hell wheels... the rest got tossed or given away after that.

GOPR0004_resize.jpg GOPR0008_resize.jpg

Miranda photos later..

Yes, all very true, I didn't really skate much, but I do remember those being played out back in my high school years. I've always been a bike rider, no BMX though, always MTB.

Sweet that you have a Miranda as well! Do you know which model? Some are highly collectable, like the early knob winders.

I still need to run a roll of film through mine, but it functions very well.

My current dirt roller, spare parts bike, its the proverbial axe (2 head and 3 handles, but still the same old axe) Kevin has a pic of me building it up on this frame at his place a while back.

2013-03-18125012_zps7d75c8d1.jpg

-Xander

I've seen that skate video a million times, that is a classic. lots of fisheye, lol I used to film lots of skate footage as I can skate and film but am not very good... lots of fun.

I skated a bunch up until a few years ago, snowboarded a ton too... next year I'll get a mountain pass I think. We have a killer local park but I'm old and there are a million kids there. I'm still planning a mini ramp in my backyard, I love that stuff.

Here's the Durango park, I have skated the bowls quite a lot... the street section is newer.

[video=youtube_share;DnXaBIVCM70]http://youtu.be/DnXaBIVCM70[/video]

sweet, hard tails for the win :) I won't stoop to full suspension.. then again I won't be dropping huge drops at my age and ability...

My current MTB is a Giant 21 inch frame with a few upgrades, notably the crankset.

I also cruise with just Jack Shit pedals... do you like being clipped in?? I prefer shin pain!

This is out my back door, literally. Our property backs up to MacDunn Forest. Not the best clip, but extendo is the name of the better single track trail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN76Eukyjmg

After my surgery next month hopefully I'll be riding this summer...

I need a good bike... with a season ski pass you can take your bike up the lift for free in the summers

Xander- also in one of my old packs is a Canon AE-1, in very good + condition. Sigma 80-200mm lens as well as Canon 50mm 1:1.8 lens. I can't find the Miranda yet, it is packed away somewhere in our blackhole closet...

Taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 and resized down to 25% original size for this site... meh

P1030788_resize.jpg

Daniel, us old dudes still can teach those gromets a thing or two! http://www.skibowl.com/summer/activities/freeride-bike-park :) I've never done it there but it would be crazy O_O

Alright off to the park for the day, enjoy your afternoon people!

I need a good bike... with a season ski pass you can take your bike up the lift for free in the summers

Daniel, this is what you need...

2012-04-20111126.jpg

We can work out a trade if you want! But only if you want to stoop down to a FS bike that will blow by all the hard tail guy on the gnarly trails, have cush like a 78 Cadillac, and style without the flash of all the big nme brands you see on the hills these days!

-Xander

Daniel, this is what you need...

We can work out a trade if you want! But only if you want to stoop down to a FS bike that will blow by all the hard tail guy on the gnarly trails, have cush like a 78 Cadillac, and style without the flash of all the big nme brands you see on the hills these days!

-Xander

Can I smoke cigars and ride easier with suspension? if so that sounds good to me!

The only good bike I have had was my room mates Trek, I paid for nice tires and got to ride it everywhere. It had suspension in the front and was killer, I did huge jumps with it. That bike was awesome... I have a GT Frame right now, 20" but will probably fix it up for Jade if anything

Maybe we can do a trade, we'll have to talk later! That looks incredible

Derailleur Nerds. :D

photo_zpsd7fdf675.jpg

The front brake is my one acknowledgement of reality. Other than that, 48 X 16, Playas!

2944342725_7a97f31538_b.jpg

2392043308_aaa09728ac_b.jpg

3668478359_f3151c66d6_b.jpg

3650818341_ce05acc9e3_b.jpg

The 3rd pic is Xanders super sweet ass track bike. The rest are mine. I can't seem to find a pic of my cannondale track bike.I will have to take a shot of it with my FISHEYE lens haha
I have a GT Frame right now, 20" but will probably fix it up for Jade
If you need parts let me know Daniel ! I know a guy who knows a guy:D

Last edited:
NJS is Japan's National Jitensha Society- they govern Japan's track bike sports like Keirin and Jitensha and Pursuit etc. They also certify each and every component of the bikes right down to the spoke nipples. Some of the trackies seriously fetishize NJS parts.

Oops those aren't NJS. :D

They're Eye-talian and American.

I knew a guy who said eye-talian, it always cracked me up. He spelled Brian Brain too, lol.

I pronounced the word polish in some bizarre manner on my last video so I can't say much... I was out of breath though, lol. Polish, lmao

Kevin, still pimpin pics of my '74 Paramount, which was full Campy Record Pista (and NJS stamped, thank you very much!). I restored that bike with entirely NOS componants all the way down to the pedal bearings, but most everything was still good. I sold it a while back to a serious collector in Japan, I was the second owner the original shop it came from is still in business. That's one I wish I could have kept, but I made over 3 times what I had into it and probably could have gotten more. That bike sold for $549.00 starting price back in '74, it was the best there was in th world at the time.

Man, if Kevin and I get started posting pics of bikes, this thread will get long real quick! The bike world is where I originally know Kevin from, we have ridden together a bit but built more bikes than anything I think! I do have one bike that will be bequeathed to Kevin, because I know he won't trash it. I'll get some pics of it up here soon.

-Xander

Kevin, still pimpin pics of my '74 Paramount, which was full Campy Record Pista (and NJS stamped, thank you very much!). I restored that bike with entirely NOS componants all the way down to the pedal bearings, but most everything was still good. I sold it a while back to a serious collector in Japan, I was the second owner the original shop it came from is still in business. That's one I wish I could have kept, but I made over 3 times what I had into it and probably could have gotten more. That bike sold for $549.00 starting price back in '74, it was the best there was in th world at the time.

Man, if Kevin and I get started posting pics of bikes, this thread will get long real quick! The bike world is where I originally know Kevin from, we have ridden together a bit but built more bikes than anything I think! I do have one bike that will be bequeathed to Kevin, because I know he won't trash it. I'll get some pics of it up here soon.

-Xander

The background on the bikeis really cool to know, wow!

I had some Campy components back in the day, I read about them in an old cycling book as a kid and remember finding a junked bike with them. Talk about nice metalwork...

The same book had a section on converting a 10 speed bike into a "mountain bike" I wish I could find the pics.

I love bikes! Mostly motorcycles, but if it has two wheels then ill ride it. Here's my trek madone 5.2.
53807825-FF2F-4473-B93D-333CBD12204F-9697-0000063743779FB4_zps9173b965.jpg

And for the mountains I have a niner Jet 9
9618D2A8-7786-4AA7-8D49-3A059CB3ED08-9697-0000063657ADE028_zps7a796e08.jpg

We should all get together and go for a ride!!!!Nice bikes everyone.

Back