Rat 1 infestation!

20150203_160211_zps5cf46283.jpg

20160414_133438_zpseyk3szfl.jpg

20160414_133456_zpsqlvqafxk.jpg

D2.

yeuhs,

There are all sorts of places you can go to get help for your addiction. :D
Oh wait! I'm the dealer....Nice collection. Keep it up!

Best Regards,

Paul Tsujimoto
VP of Engineering
Ontario Knife Company

Them Rats look nice.

They look like you can use an allen wrench or another more easier to find tool to tighten when some thing gets loose. What tool is that?

I never had any luck with inner frame locks, usually the frame or inner frame lock breaks when being used. Or some proprietary tool is needed to tighten the frame up including the blade. The Rats look like a common easy to get tool can be used to get at the frame to tighten or loosen to open to clean out the whole knife.

Yes I admit I'm hard on my knives at times when I need to do some thing with them, but rarely does the blade itself break, usually its what I mentioned above, mostly when some thing went loose and broke it seems after looking them over. I never broke a more sturdier locking folder, but them lock in frame folders are convenient for being slim and light.

One Rat I want but can't justify getting is one of those SP type ones. :cool:

I was away for the NRA Show for a few days, just got back and wanted to ask if you received your knife. I'm thinking yes. Toooj did the redesign for that based on the original RAT 3, and I actually had a bit of input (more accurately, Toooj patiently allowed me to make suggestions).

That's really nice of you. Is that a model that can be purchased? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

That's really nice of you. Is that a model that can be purchased? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

I believe that was a limited run that came out of OKC's " Custom Shop ".

There was a thread about that particular model a while back.

I was away for the NRA Show for a few days, just got back and wanted to ask if you received your knife. I'm thinking yes. Toooj did the redesign for that based on the original RAT 3, and I actually had a bit of input (more accurately, Toooj patiently allowed me to make suggestions).
Got it, Love it... carried it all last weekend and bought a regular rat 3 because I liked it so much.
That was a great gesture on your part and it is appreciated. Anything I can do for you guys beyond buying knives, let me know.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Them Rats look nice.

They look like you can use an allen wrench or another more easier to find tool to tighten when some thing gets loose. What tool is that?

T-6 and T-9 torx screw drivers is what you need for the screws in the Rat-1.

Very cool. You are set for life. When inflation steals the dollar's buying power, you are covered. Well done.

To add fuel to the RAT infestation problem, if you google sams club and rat 1, they have a two pack for sale for $35 and change, one is partially serrated and one with the non-serrated blade. That's $18 each delivered if you have a membership. Too good to pass up.

...never laid them all out before...

742bb024061dee0a54e425832c554a65.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
That is sweet man you can match everyday with color u wearing. Honestly I've been a buck and Becker fan until I discovered the rat 1 and rat 2 I must say hands down best folders I ever used for money. I just ordered more Ontario knives this am I have to give them some business since I've been infatuated with rat 1 and 2 past several months. I bought rat 3 last month and like it better overall than bk14 knife performance is about snake but sheath n tek lok is why I gave rat 3 the extra points. Look forward to buying more stuff from Ontario.

If there is a better deal than the Rat 1, esp the D2 blade model, I don't know what it is.

Back