DSC02825.jpg

DSC02551.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

Got to throw in a couple Kydex pieces that were done by my brother

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01843.jpg

Last edited:
Beatiful work! I also like that quil detail( Iwill have to mimic that somehow since theres no porqupines here):thumbsup:

So does the rawhide act sort of like kydex in that it becomes rigid? I'm developing an interest in these types of sheaths as they seem like they would, or could be incredibly durable - think dog rawhides.?

So does the rawhide act sort of like kydex in that it becomes rigid? I'm developing an interest in these types of sheaths as they seem like they would, or could be incredibly durable - think dog rawhides.?

It does act like a Kydex but I think its more forgiving in really hot and really cold conditions. I just like the look!

Somebody contacted me a couple weeks back and asked if I made this kind of sheath. I said no and sent em to your site, the master of this. Beatiful!

do you make your own raw hide or do you buy it

ive been learning how to tan my own hides using brains,eggs,bark and various other techniques. its cheap and easy as long as you have time and patience

do you make your own raw hide or do you buy it

ive been learning how to tan my own hides using brains,eggs,bark and various other techniques. its cheap and easy as long as you have time and patience

At this time I just buy all of it because I don't have the extra time to do it. Maybe in the future! Take care

Back