• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Razor Edge Knives (REK & Josh) is G-T-G...

I just want to give credit to Josh at Razor Edge Knives for another outstanding job on one of my knives. I sent him a new XM-18 slicer to have the bevels set at 20 dps so I can use my Sharpmaker for touchups. The knife came back razor sharp with perfectly even bevels that match from one side to the other. It was all done by hand on his Wicked Edge at my request. This took 11 days from mailing off to landing back in my letterbox. It left my local PO on 7/11 and hit my letterbox today, 7/22.

This is the 5th or 6th knife that Josh has set up for me. The others were Emersons and a Fiddleback that needed some bevel repair. Every one of them was done in a timely and professional manner.

Thanks again, Josh. Well done, lad.

I'll second that Dale.
Fantastic service, reasonable pricing, great comms, good guy and his work is unbelievable!
He did 4 or 5 for me and his edges are beautiful!
You should post a pic Dale.
Joe

Josh is simply the best
Highly recommended!!!

I'm reserving this space until I can find my pic. Josh is...heck, he's great. If you think all that he does is blade-work, you should see what he can do to titanium scales in terms of 3-D sculpting. He turned my standard Bradford AVO into a masterpiece.... I'll find the pic.
Great fella.

I've had 4 regrinds from REK so far and couldn't be happier.
The most recent was my XM-18 3.5" M390 no choil spanto.
Even with the compound grind, and he even ground the swedge to match, the grind lines are perfect.
And just insanely sharp.

I saw this thread and can't help but post here. I'd heard so many good things about Josh and seen so many outstanding examples of his work that I decided to send him my Hinderer XM-24 Spanto for a re-grind. I really like the Spanto on my XM-18 and have re-profiled the edge to make it more useful for my range of tasks, but that grind on the -24 is way too sharpened-prybar for me.

Josh is going to do a high large-radius hollow in 600 grit for me and we are just now entering the time-period for completion of the work. He's been great PMing back and forth with options and input and helping me along with my decision-making as to what I'd want. I'm just so eager to see my big boy with his new blade profile that I had to share a bit. I'll post a pic here when I get it back, but, you know me, you probably won't be able to click anywhere on BF without seeing my re-ground blade as soon as it arrives.

I saw this thread and can't help but post here. I'd heard so many good things about Josh and seen so many outstanding examples of his work that I decided to send him my Hinderer XM-24 Spanto for a re-grind. I really like the Spanto on my XM-18 and have re-profiled the edge to make it more useful for my range of tasks, but that grind on the -24 is way too sharpened-prybar for me.

Josh is going to do a high large-radius hollow in 600 grit for me and we are just now entering the time-period for completion of the work. He's been great PMing back and forth with options and input and helping me along with my decision-making as to what I'd want. I'm just so eager to see my big boy with his new blade profile that I had to share a bit. I'll post a pic here when I get it back, but, you know me, you probably won't be able to click anywhere on BF without seeing my re-ground blade as soon as it arrives.

He has sharpened and done blade work on several of my knives...always top notch service and good comms :thumbsup:

Back