Reate Knives 2017 high-end knife: K-1

Our New model K-1 knife which designed by Solo Jack finally came out. We would like to share the details about this model here with you.

Specification:
Ceramic ball bearing system
Blade Length : 3.8”
Blade Thickness:0.157"
Overall Length:8.8’’
Blade Material: RWL34 (Made by Damasteel company)
Hardness:60-61HRC
Handle Material:6AL4V Titanium
Inlay Material : Marble Carbon Fiber/ Carbon Fiber
Weight:4.93 oz
Locking:Frame Lock

We always aim to make more and more high quality knives as well as try new things. This is our first time to use RWL34 which made by Damasteel Company on our knives. Martensitic stainless powder steel RWL 34 which Rapid Solidified Powder (RPS) based steel is a variation of the 420 martensitic stainless steel with >13% Chromium. The addition of Molybdenum and Vanadium gives the RWL 34 even greater corrosion resistance, hardness and strength.
Close equivalent to 154CM. Characteristics of RWL34:
-High edge strength
-High hardness after hardening and tempering
-High corrosion resistance
-Easy grinding and polishing
-High purity and cleanliness
Hopefully those information could help you undersatnd the RWL34 steel.

Here are some photos of K-1.

IMG_9024-1_zps6tbznxqo.jpg

7_zpsrzyy97wr.jpg

8_zpsfhhebmod.jpg

IMG_8191_zpsbps8b8kx.jpg

IMG_8105_zpsnjfdwemf.jpg

IMG_9024-1_zps6tbznxqo.jpg
IMG_9029-1_zpshuu2zjiu.jpg
IMG_9019-1_zpsps3i9ipe.jpg

IMG_8104_zpseqikqi9n.jpg

Reate Knives would like to talk a little bit about one important technique—Freeze Edging Skill.

As the final process for a blade, edging has a great effect on the performance of the knives, after all, the edge part is the main function area when using a knife. Normally, edging is operated on a high-speed running grinding wheel or grinding belt, which produces a very high temperature. Without a cooling system, the temperature on the edge goes up instantly to hundreds of centigrade, when it gets worse, it will burn and leave heat marks on the blade. Tempering or even annealing will happen on area of the edge where the temperature increasing instantly. It will harm the hardness and durability of the blade. That’s why some knives passing the hardness standard test but still easily get worn in actual use.

Reate Knives are using the freeze edging technique. During grinding, the temperature on the edge is controlled in a certain level of degree, which helps keep the hardness after the heat treating. Therefore, the sharpness and durability of the blade are assured. This helps bring the performance of the material to the best.

Thank you very much for your time.

Reate Knives Team.

Last edited:
Knifecenter had a marbled/hand rubbed version. Will there also be a marbled/stonewashed?

Knifecenter had a marbled/hand rubbed version. Will there also be a marbled/stonewashed?
We don't have the marble CF + stone wash version K-1 so far sir. All the versions of K-1 we make so far as followings:
1.CF(hand rubbed)
2.Marble CF(hand rubbed)
3.CF(satin finish)
4.Marble CF(satin finish)
5.CF Stone Wash
Thank you for asking.:)

I ordered my SW/CF version this week. Hope to have it next week. Looks fantastic! I'll post my review upon receiving. Glad to see your attention to detail on the blade edge. Love the Begg style pocket clip.

I ordered my SW/CF version this week. Hope to have it next week. Looks fantastic! I'll post my review upon receiving. Glad to see your attention to detail on the blade edge. Love the Begg style pocket clip.
Glad to hear you liking it, thanks again for your support

When are these going to land at more US dealers? I only see them at knifecenter.

When are these going to land at more US dealers? I only see them at knifecenter.
Hi friend, this model just arrived at our other dealers yesterday. Please check the one which is the most convenience for you below.
Blade HQ, GP Knives, Top Quest Inc., Urban edc supply, White Mountain Knives LLC and so on.
Thank you for your support.

Last edited:
Back