Recent Production.

Hope y'all are well.

Been pretty busy around here. The three days of Spring we've had have been Beautiful. I hear it's supposed to be summer next week around here.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some knives and leather as of late. I'm getting some presser foot markings. I was giving the leather over night to dry but that wasn't enough by itself. I now either give it a full 24 hours or 12 hours beneath the fan.

My very first Suede lined sheath. The oil hadn't leveled out in this pic.

aXhJH2Mh.jpg

A better pic the owner took of it.

KC9A0192_zpsivoyctk6.jpg

Another Suede lined. I have since beveled the edges of my alphabet stamps so I don't get the stamp edge marks anymore.

egncThNh.jpg

kihT0v4h.jpg

Also got some Wickett & Craig... I'll never order anything but in the future.

LSrg3RQh.jpg

PeyC3uDh.jpg

sskWKcMh.jpg

Je4qWSlh.jpg

aVwnCRih.jpg

A couple Shield Holsters.

Pun2BQ0h.jpg

XutAOKvh.jpg

0jUy65hh.jpg

Thanks a million for looking,

Todd

Beautiful work, Todd. Your geometric stamping is flawless! I give you 99.5. You get that other half point when you color the inside of the slots!!;)

Paul

Thanks Paul! I tried to color the slots on a sheath and ended up slipping and the chessnut Wicket & Craig ended up getting died dark brown as well as my white thread. I didn't think it was that noticeable but since you said that, they stick out like a sore thumb! I'll try again!

Todd

Time to break out the tiny little paint brush and be extra careful!:)

Paul

Wow, very nice Todd!! Wickett and Craig is nice leather ain't it? Knives and leather work just great. Gorgeous piece of popcorn on that one knife too. Did ya use corby's on that water buffalo? I've had some trouble over the years with buff handles wanting to separate with just regular pins. On that handle material I'll only use corby's or loveless bolts any more. Get yourself a #2 turnback edger. That will allow ya to clean up and edge the bottom side of your slots. A small rounded stick will allow ya to rub out those wrinkles at the top of the slide on the backside of the holster. I use an old awl handle I've carved down. I like the creasing on the front of the holster. How come not on the back?

Thanks Dave. I just used regular pins but I use a drill that is a thousandth or two larger than the pin so the super epoxy I use has a little expansion room. The oldest knife I have made with it is six years (of hard use) and going strong. No doubt Corby's would be better though. To date I haven't had any problems or returns with it. Will keep a close eye on it. I have had to send some horn back that had some cracks in it to begin with. If it doesn't look solid, I don't use it.

I just ordered a tunback edger. Was looking for one but didn't know what it was called!

I don't crease the back of the holster because I haven't figured out how to perfectly align the the two pieces where the back stitching flows into the crease lines. It drives me nuts if the creases don't line up with the stitching. I can crease after I sew but then the crease line doesn't flow perfectly with the edge of the leather. At my skill level, the back looks better with no crease line.

Thanks for the encouragement education and advice!

Todd

Super nice Todd. Great uniformity in your tooling and as Paul said the geometrics are very good.
Randy

Good deal on the creasing, makes sense. That upper corner would be particularly hard to match up. Yeah I do the same use a #30 for 1/8" pin. Still had some trouble but it was with hundreds of uses. I use to use so much of it, I imported it directly myself. Making a kitchen knife right now with it, but it will have loveless bolts. Maybe get an adjustable creaser instead of your groover and set it to a different width so there is a small but distinct difference between the crease and the stitching groove then they don't have to line up exactly. Just a thought.

Hope y'all are well.

Been pretty busy around here. The three days of Spring we've had have been Beautiful. I hear it's supposed to be summer next week around here.

Anyway, just thought I'd share some knives and leather as of late. I'm getting some presser foot markings. I was giving the leather over night to dry but that wasn't enough by itself. I now either give it a full 24 hours or 12 hours beneath the fan.

My very first Suede lined sheath. The oil hadn't leveled out in this pic.

aXhJH2Mh.jpg

A better pic the owner took of it.

KC9A0192_zpsivoyctk6.jpg

Another Suede lined. I have since beveled the edges of my alphabet stamps so I don't get the stamp edge marks anymore.

egncThNh.jpg

kihT0v4h.jpg

Also got some Wickett & Craig... I'll never order anything but in the future.

LSrg3RQh.jpg

PeyC3uDh.jpg

sskWKcMh.jpg

Je4qWSlh.jpg

aVwnCRih.jpg

A couple Shield Holsters.

Pun2BQ0h.jpg

XutAOKvh.jpg

0jUy65hh.jpg

Thanks a million for looking,

Todd

Back