Recommend ready made leather sheath for R9

Title says it all. Just got a user R9 and need a leather sheath. Not having much luck with custom makers getting back to me so figure maybe an already made one. Decent quality a must.
Anybody?

Anybody?

Bueller?

I'd give you a recommendation if I could man, but I usually go kydex. Dwayne (Leatherman) has built many sheaths for the Rat lines, but I doubt he has one ready-made. I have a couple killer leather set-ups from elof_alv here, but again, highly doubt there's one on the shelf. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the info...
Do you have a problem with the kydex dulling the edge?
I put a razor edge on mine and without cutting anything it's dull already..

I haven't had that problem, but I could see where that could happen if it weren't formed properly so that the blade was rubbing, or if the eyelets were set too close to the blade edge. I've seen a couple sheaths where the eyelets were set very close. Those ones always made me wonder a bit, but I still haven't had an issue. Do you get rub marks on the blade?

I have kydex from azwelke, buy brown, and mashed cat for my swamprats (probably forgetting a few others) and all those guys are very good kydex benders that form the kydex to give retention around the handle rather than the blade. I believe they actually use a layer or so of tape to build the thickness up prior to forming in order to prevent that rub.

Haven't really looked for rub marks but have noticed some kydex shavings now and again.
Two home made sheaths came with the knife and it stinks to have to dish out more cash. So I figured I may as well leave no questions about dulling by going with leather. But maybe I can save some cash and give kydex one more try. Plus there's a better chance of one being ready to go.
Of course with my luck, once I order a kydex one of the leather makers will email saying "sure, I can do that".

Lol, yeah I hear ya. Wish I was more help. I used to use Chris Noe for my leather needs, but he's moved on to other things. Good luck and post it up if you get something found.

Last edited:
Back