Recovering from a mistake

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well. :)

I have recently made a couple of belts for myself (brown and black). Unfortunately I was overly confident about my figure and I ended up cutting my belt 2 inches shorter than it should have been, making it too tight. I tried stretching it but it was not enough to resolve the shortage of 2 inches. So I tried stamping in hopes that it will stretch the belt. Good news! It is now 3/4 inch short instead of 2 inches and although it is a tad tight I can comfortably wear it!

17796361_10155083451741083_7143253396086886992_n.jpg

I quite like the way basket weave stamps looks on a black veg tan. I did post the pic below before but I've made a few sheaths and key cases out of black veg tan and I think the leather responds well to tooling.

15697426_10154718061001083_6571407804937731701_n.jpg

Thank you all for reading and have a lovely day! :)

Another fix for that problem is to, (working from the buckle end) skive an overlay piece down to zero, and also the same on the actual belt so that the splice is the same thickness as the original belt. Cement the splice together and stitch. Re-attach the buckle and keeper at the correct length. The add on junction will generally lie under the belt tip tail when worn and is invisible.

Paul

Last edited:
Another fix for that problem is to, (working from the buckle end) skive an overlay piece down to zero, and also the same on the actual belt so that the spice is the same thickness as the original belt. Cement the spice together and stitch. Re-attach the buckle and keeper at the correct length. The add on junction will generally lie under the belt tip tail when worn and is invisible.

Paul

Ah of course! I didn't think of that! Thank you for the advice :)

Back