Redmeadow Knives

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Some pictures of my work to start things off. I really enjoyed making the leather stack, we might see more of these.

Last edited:
Mainly carbon steels right now, 1095 and O1. I've been considering trying out some D2, possibly CPM.

Good steels can always use more Cowbell thogh. You can never have enough Cowbell.

Last edited:
Nice work so far. Looking forward to seeing more, not less...

Thanks Shel, I'm working on a little skinner, I'll try to post some shots as it goes along.

A skinner I'm working on. 4" edge, gonna be a leather stack with finger grooves. The finished grind will go a bit higher. A small swedge and a nice taper on 1/8" 1095.

I'll be out of the shop a good part of July, I'll throw up some updates when I get back and crackalackin.

That's looks great John, I hadn't seen that pic yet thanks for posting looking forward to seeing her finished!

Glad you like it so far Scott, if you get any ideas about spacer materials and whatnot let me know. I've got some bone linen and maroon micarta that might give a nice contrast.

I've got a similar styled blade with a much larger profile that I'm gonna be starting, with a leather stack/mule deer antler handle.

Oh I like the maroon micarta, suitable for a mooron like me. :D

Oh I like the maroon micarta, suitable for a mooron like me. :D
mor-1.jpg

Sounds good, no on the bone linen? Keepin it dark and mysterious then:thumbup:

It's hard to find good help these days, three year olds are good because you can pay them in Froot Loops.

It's hard to find good help these days, three year olds are good because you can pay them in Froot Loops.

That needs to be framed and put on the wall.

The picture, not the kid.

She's my little worker bee. I use this nail to hang a wrench on, but she wasn't having that. Had to find her wooden hammer and try to nail it in.

Good to see ya Mack:thumbup:

She looks like she paid attention watching you. She'll be building blades before to long. I might have to bribe her with something now so I can be first on the list. Maybe something in Maple and stag??

She says it'll cost you two boxes of Froot Loops, and a Hippopotamus.

Glad to be back home. Cut up some leather for handle material. I'm gonna experiment with some 7-9oz and 3-4oz alternating. I'll get these cut down and punched, soak and compress them.

Let me know if you're down with the alternating thicknesses Scott. It might look interesting, if not we can always do them evenly.

While the blade is normalizing in the oven, I'll punch some holes for the tang and soak them.

Scott, should we start a separate thread for this? I'll try to do a bit of a WIP.

Howdy Lessismore!
OMG, is that the little "knisef" maker?
She is adorable!
I can't stop saying knisef lol!
Then I usually have to explain there is this great guy, with a fantastic daughter
who likes to help him in the shop!!

I have an old RH-36, it was my dads, but I'll keep it anyway... (Short bad story).
I have another similar knife with a real clip point blade that I don't really like.
They are not in any sort of collectable shape...
But some of the leather is missing from the RH-36.
So I'm going to take some from the clip point knife, and try make it look
in survivor shape, beat but still useful.
Maybe I'll try deer antler grips on the clip point...

I've only repaired knives... Never made one.
You sure have a gift for it bud!
The copper pommel looked awesome with the brown leather washers!

Well, take it easy John!
Talk to you soon!
Randy

Hey Randy, how goes it wildman!

That's my little knisef maker, she's my Angel. My boy just started walking so I imagine he'll be out here before too long. I think I told you that she kept asking me for a Frozen knife, like from the movie? I don't know where she got that idea from, she woke up one morning and asked me for one, she must have had a dream about it. anyways, we were in a Rockler store recently and she picked up a couple of pieces of acrylic that look like ice and snow and said " Dad, like my frozen knife!",not bad for a three year old (She can pronounce knife now, I miss knisef:(). Needless to say I'll be making some kind of knife from those pieces at some point.

Good luck on the repair, why don't you replace the whole handle? Let me know how thick and long the tang is and I can make you a leather block if your interested. You can epoxy it on in one piece and shape it how you want.

Treats to Zoe.

Back