Remembering Uncle Bill and Rusty

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
March 28th is the day Uncle Bill, my beloved husband, and Rusty our dear friend and forum moderator, passed away within 12 hours of each other. Please hold them both in your hearts and minds
today so they will know that we still love them and we will not forget them.

We will continue to build what Uncle Bill started many years ago. Thank you Howard, Jake, Bawanna and forumites for your continue support to HI and Kamis.

Last edited by a moderator:
A day of remembrance and continued support of their legacy.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

I never got to meet or know either of these men. But I and many others will never forget them.
To have so many remember and miss a man they never met is truly a fine legacy.

Uncle Bill continues to live by having made a positive impact on many people lives, around the world. He can also be found in these two books:

Two of Uncle Bills books have been dear to my heart since Howard Wallace re-posted them awhile ago. "The Dreamer" is a poignant story of how darkness of the heart can be transformed by simple kindness, friendship and honor. It is not a G-rated story and some may find parts of it a bit disturbing, yet it is well crafted and touching in many ways none the less.
"Songs of the Sand Country" is a poetry book with a bit of Uncles life experience mixed in. It is a story about nature and how we should love and respect it, but also laments the changes that have come to encroach upon it.

Both these books were written before Uncle went to Nepal, while he was still finding his way in life. They are testament to the good man he was even before finding Buddhism and being the man we here have known and loved. Uncle Bill would be the first to tell you that he was but a man, as are any of us. But the humanity of his words are like catharsis for the soul. I would consider him enlightened.
Just as Uncles words on this forum have taught us much, in my opinion these books are lessons from him too. I urge you all to take some time to download and read them, if you havent done so already. Thank you to ted for hosting the link and for letting me post it here, And to Howard for sharing his own copy with us.

They are in PDF format so you will have to have Adobe Reader to access them once downloaded. Just click on the "download" button to download or you can just view them there on the site.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8hjaanhai49up9u/Dreamer.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9lwj2adt5o35ty7/Songs_of_the_Sand_Country.pdf

Two of the finest men I have ever had the pleasure to interact with. Such class and passion and humility. Genuinely good people, and the world is poorer without them.

However, the wheel spins on. We we do for HI, for the kamis, and for each other are the best ways to build onto their legacy.

Uncle Bill is the man who got me interested in khukuris and opened my eyes to what they could do.

He recommended to me my first one, an 18" WWII model. He took the time to explain that it was a well balanced "all around" blade and I would like it. Well, he was certainly right! Now, a couple dozen HI blades later, it is still my favorite and by far most used.

I am only sorry that I never got the chance to actually meet him.

Much smoke and thoughts and prayers for two gentlemen who I only know from here reading. I feel I have known them from others. God Bless.

Smoke and prayers for two men whom I never had the pleasure to meet or interact with, but I hope I get to, whenever I get called to end my time here on Earth.

So long as any one rembers and names them;they will live.

Last edited:
Two of the many people I wish I could have met. I often share Uncle Bills sayings and definitely think about how he would have done things. WWUBD :)

Back