Request for Survive - Buy, Sell and Trade Sticky Thread

Any chance we could get a Survive - Buy, Sell and Trade thread and have it made a sticky? We have one on the Carothers board and it is very useful. It would provide an opportunity to post Survive blades, sheaths, ect to the Survive family 1st. It also allows those seeking certain Survive blades to notify the Survive community directly.

Last edited:
Is there some fundamental difference between Hosted Knifemaker's Forums and Manufacturer's Forums that makes it possible there, but not here? I thought the idea had come up and gotten shot down a few times. Who would have said no to the idea?

I'm all for it!

Is there some fundamental difference between Hosted Knifemaker's Forums and Manufacturer's Forums that makes it possible there, but not here? I thought the idea had come up and gotten shot down a few times. Who would have said no to the idea?

I'm all for it!

Another plus one here. On other forums these types of sales threads work good, like already has been mentioned, CPK, but also Fletcher and Fiddleback. The biggest concern I see would be that those forums have much more company involvement/moderation to police anything that shouldn't be going on, i.e. selling without the proper membership level.

We might have to give a polite nudge to anyone not sticking to the site rules, and of course it would have to be good with Ellie. As long as it doesn't run into work for Bladeforums Moderators, then it would probably be okay. Of course, that's my opinion only, just going from what I see around the rest of the site.

For myself, I would absolutely list here first if given the chance.

If I recall, it was proposed back when there wasn't a s!k moderator to keep an eye on things. Maybe now we can reconsider. Also, elsewhere that buy/sell/trade threads get moderated fairly well my the users with polite comments. They seem to work pretty well.

What do you think @SURVIVE! Ellie?

I didn't think about needing a moderator. If everyone participating can stick to the rules then I think we'd be fine, but even though Ellie is a moderator she doesn't need more on her plate at the moment.

Most folks are good about sticking to the site rules. Nearly every time something goes wanky in other places, it's a newer member that's not used to the exchange rules. I'd certainly understand if Ellie doesn't want to fool with it, but it could also be tried and then shut down if it got out of hand. I'd sure hope that wouldn't happen, especially since it would be an enthusiast type thread.

I think it'd be a great idea, and like others have said usually other members pointing out when the rules aren't being followed is sufficient.

Want to buy or trade some gear /titanium gear for a GSO 2.7 if you have one please hit me up. Chuck

There is a thread for notifying the Survive community regarding items that have gone up for sale.
http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/survive-knives-heads-up.1359094/page-61#post-17304621
I don't know how much of the need for a Survive specific trading area is satisfied by that thread.
If you need sponsorship or moderation from Survive they seem to have been pretty well AFK for the past couple of weeks.
I suppose they must be running their business instead of hanging out in forums or posting updates to social media and their website.
I envision them having spent the last few weeks packing up all the shop inventory that they don't need and shipping it out for the SK line.

As far as I can tell it is available!

Let me know if could mediate a deal or some communication.

Silver Needle Silver Needle My wife gave me a heads up on it, it came up on the feed, and then we couldn't find it. I'm a total facebook amateur. Would you mind letting him know I'm interested Matt? My email is [edited] if that helps.

Last edited:
Back