Request for Survive - Buy, Sell and Trade Sticky Thread

Any chance we could get a Survive - Buy, Sell and Trade thread and have it made a sticky? We have one on the Carothers board and it is very useful. It would provide an opportunity to post Survive blades, sheaths, ect to the Survive family 1st. It also allows those seeking certain Survive blades to notify the Survive community directly.

Shark01 Shark01 Hey man, just a suggestion - maybe you could change the title of this thread? People started to think this is an official Buy/Sell/Trade and they're going to get infractions for asking to buy, selling and trading here.

Thanks,
C.

@SURVIVE! Ellie

Hi sis. Have you had any time to consider allowing such a thread? Nathan's is running pretty smooth over in CPK. It's all good either way, we'd just like to know.

tloskot, noted.

Shark01 Shark01 Hey man, just a suggestion - maybe you could change the title of this thread? People started to think this is an official Buy/Sell/Trade and they're going to get infractions for asking to buy, selling and trading here.

Thanks,
C.
Where would infractions come from? Ellie? Another mod? I don't want to start something without the OK of Guy or Ellie, but I'm not entirely sure how it all works into the rules of bladeforums.

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks thanks for sending up the bat signal!

Where would infractions come from? Ellie? Another mod? I don't want to start something without the OK of Guy or Ellie, but I'm not entirely sure how it all works into the rules of bladeforums.

Silver Needle Silver Needle

Hey SN, Don't know if Ellie or Guy would, but certainly a SuperMod might. Here's one of the rules that might be crossed, section3, pt.2:

SECTION 3 - Rules for Everyone -
  1. If any rules seem contradictory, the more stringent rules apply. Whenever there is doubt, ask the moderation staff.
  2. Selling on this site is restricted to the appropriate designated forums. Don't list sales threads outside the Exchange, especially without the appropriate membership.
Hope this helps,
C.

Hey SN, Don't know if Ellie or Guy would, but certainly a SuperMod might. Here's one of the rules that might be crossed, section3, pt.2:

1. If any rules seem contradictory, the more stringent rules apply. Whenever there is doubt, ask the moderation staff.
  2. Selling on this site is restricted to the appropriate designated forums. Don't list sales threads outside the Exchange, especially without the appropriate membership.
Hope this helps,
C.
Thanks for finding and sharing that. I get confused because Fiddleback and others can sell and trade in their own forums, outside of the exchange. What did they do to make it legal? What would S!K have to do? Just give their approval?

Hard Knocks Hard Knocks thanks for sending up the bat signal!

:thumbsup:

From what I've seen around the site, the subforum moderators, so Guy and Ellie in here, would be the first line of defense. If it's okay with them, and still within BladeForums rules, then many subforums run their own B/S/T threads. If guys start trying to sell without the proper membership level then it makes big problems because it's against site rules and undoubtedly some of the BladeForums moderators would put the hammer down on it, and rightly so.

If this can get taken care of in-house, stays to the rules, and doesn't cause work for the BladeForums moderators then IMO it would be a help to the subforum because: one, we could deal here with each other first (usually with folks we know) before going out into the general exchange; and two, being able to have a thread to deal in will keep most of the B/S/T talk out of the other threads so that we can just talk knives there.

This is of course my opinion which holds no weight of authority whatsoever.

tl/dr: If Guy and Ellie want a B/S/T thread here that'd be the first hurdle, and us policing ourselves would be the second.

Thanks for finding and sharing that. I get confused because Fiddleback and others can sell and trade in their own forums, outside of the exchange. What did they do to make it legal? What would S!K have to do? Just give their approval?

Not sure, SN :(. Looking at Nathan's first post in the sale thread on the CPK sub-forum, it looks like there needs to be some kind of approval from Super Mods or even Spark? Also, I believe the exchange rules apply: only Gold or higher can sell, must wait 2 weeks to re-post, etc... Also, I think a very active Moderator would be required. Prob Ellie or Guy can check with the Mods.

I was just trying to help people not get warnings and infractions because they did not read the first post of this thread (but just the title) and they're not very familiar with the Forum rules.

Cheers,
C.

Hope this helps,
C.

I agree, since this thread isn't sanctioned yet. Sorry if I jumped the gun earlier.

Also, I think a very active Moderator would be required.

I see this as the biggest obstacle. If things get off track, and someone is gently nudged back in line by one of us, well, sometimes that just goes bad anyway. It will for sure need some moderation at some point.

Not sure, SN :(. Looking at Nathan's first post in the sale thread on the CPK sub-forum, it looks like there needs to be some kind of approval from Super Mods or even Spark? Also, I believe the exchange rules apply: only Gold or higher can sell, must wait 2 weeks to re-post, etc... Also, I think a very active Moderator would be required. Prob Ellie or Guy can check with the Mods.

I was just trying to help people not get warnings and infractions because they did not read the first post of this thread (but just the title) and they're not very familiar with the Forum rules.

Cheers,
C.
I appreciate the insight and definitely your watching out for others!

The title was changed even though I don’t think it was a violation as the intent was not to make this a BST thread but only a request for Guy, Ellie or whoever to allow a Survive Buy, Sell, Trade thread to become a sticky for the benefit of the Survive forum members.

I think we may have already gotten an answer by lack of response. they're too busy to deal with moderating a b/s/t thread. Even though it is a great idea and would probably get more people involved in the subforum.

It is a very good idea, and would improve the "community" of this sub forum. And improve the ability of fans to connect and share. I would hope that they could appoint a moderator to help with this if they cannot themselves.

The Becker forum just got a new mod and it was much needed just to help keep the forum alive and interesting.

Back