Rescue shears sheath

Robert H

Premium Sheathmaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
For you EMT types, I had a request for some shear sheaths, and this is the result. Adjustable for cant, easily rocked in with one hand, but very solid.

DSC01414-1.jpg

Thank you! Any EMT's out there, let me know and I'll send them for T&E.

I'm not an EMT but I'm in a combat role(stateside right now) and would love one of these, can you fit a malice strap on it? and how much?
S/F

I could. I can send it with Malice already on it. Which service are you in? I can do it in some colors suited to your particular camo.

Marine Corps, and black is fine, I'd probablt stuff it behind an IFAK, what do they cost and how do you prefer payment?

Send me your address and I'll get it out to you on Monday, Devil Dog. No charge, just let me know how it works and what you'd change on it if need be.

Robert I got the shear sheath earlier this week, thuersday I think, initial observations:
The kydex needs to be thicker for hot enviornmetns, I've had kydex actually loosen up because of how it gets in 29 palms/iraq, this happened to a sheath from Strider, so if you can get it use a thicker kydex.
also the single MALICE strap seems to be a bit unstable when putting the shear back in the sheath. I'm gonna try it out with a TEK-LOK and see how that is.
Fit and finish are top notch, and I'll definately be getting some of your kydex stuff here soon.
thanks for the opportunity to try this out

You bet. I'll keep your recommendations in mind. Let me know when you'd like a new version.

Would any of these be feasible? I like the idea of all of them but don't know anything about molding kydex.

Shear/minimag
Shear/multi
Shear/111mm SAK

Also, any thoughts on horizontal vs. vertical orientation on these?

P.S. One other thought on your shear holster. Although a few have a dedicated shear only sheath, most ofthe guys that only carry shears simply slide them behind their belt, through a belt loop. The guys with holsters fill them with lights, pens, shears, multis, etc.

Thanks for thinking of the medics.

I could do any of those, just let me know which one. I've seen those nylon rigs get used for other things as well. In the old days when I was in EOD, that would happen with the flak jacket pocket (I was pre ballistic vest, lest I date myself)

Suddenly no one would have a knife or crimper when one was needed. Plenty of candy, cell phones, and pens and papers though.

I've been looking for something like this for more than a year! What do I need to do to get one?

(( hello,i'm new here and ... this is not a spam! Hello right back atcha and yes it is SPAM !!! ))

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm a little late, but if you are still looking for testers I would be interested in throwing one of these on my medical gear fanny pack belt (I am volunteer FF). Let me know

What sort of attachment do you need?

Back