Richard Bustillo

To All,

It is with great regret that I bring you the news of the passing of a great man. Richard Bustillo passed from this world yesterday, Thursday. Sifu-Sir Richard Bustillo will always be remembered by all as one of the best Martial Artists and best Martial Arts instructors of all time with a presence felt all over the world which will continue for generations to come.

And he will be remembered by those who knew him as a steadfast friend, a father, a husband, a gentleman and a warrior with the heart of a lion, fists of iron and topped off with the humor of a standup comedian. There was a reason that he was known to all as “The Iron Dragon.”

Richard was my teacher, my inspiration, my mentor, but above all else he was my friend. I took it for granted that he would be here forever. Now I can only wish that that were true.

Goodbye my friend. Thank you for everything you did to make me a better man and for everything else you did to make this world a better place. Everyone you touched came away better for your insight and wisdom. I’ll miss you – we will all miss you – forever.

Sincerely,

Ernest Emerson

Bustillo.jpg

Sifu Richard Bustillo
1942-2017

I am sorry for your loss. Prayers & my deepest condolences out to his family & friends. It seems like the world lost a great man.

My condolences, sad news. Sorry for your loss of a friend and mentor.

sad day. my condolences to his family and friends. may he RIP.

RIP. He deserves it.

Many men die everyday. Few leave such an impact on us.

Terrible news...
I met him a few years ago at the JKD/FMA seminar in Poland.
Great man, great teacher!
RIP.

Back