Ringing sound when opening and closing Griploc?

Hello all,

I just purchased a Boker Griploc with clear plastic handles. It's a really creative design. I've noticed that when opening and closing, it makes a ringing sound almost as though the frame is resonating from the force of the stop pins or the blade hitting it. I've also noticed that the mechanism on the back for locking it open and closed is a bit fiddly. Are both of these normal?

thanks,
D

Did you contac Jann???
Honestly, I never noticed a strange sound when using the Griplock...
if you still need assistance, please let me know

Mine made a sound after a few days of dirty use. I washed it in soap and water and blew it out with air, it went away. It could be "spring sing" like you get with some OTF autos. This can sometimes be aleviated with a little oil, but I didn't use any, given the clear scales, I will only oil when needed. I did not consider the tiny sound a defect.

Great knife design and execution. Excellent fit and finish, good price, perfetct edge grind. I am surprised more people are not a fan of the blade. Best 21st century BokerI've bought.

Not sure what you mean by "fiddly". For me, the locking mechanism is unique and works great, I especially like being able to lock it open for kitchen duty. You can also pull it, flip it open, switch to reverse grip, lock and you have a fixed blade stabber :)

Last edited:
Thank you both for the replies! I did here from Jann. I tried first to get a replacement from Amazon, but that had the same issue. I will try the your tips, Brownshoe. Thanks again.

yep. mine does both. it took a bit of fiddiling but i got the lock in the back to latch securely finally. if i open it without hitting it really hard to open it, mine doesn't make that noise, but if i really open it fast and hard it does. i think it's the springs......

Per a Boker catalog, it's been discontinued and price cut to liquidate. Get one before they are gone. I like mine and it's held up to abuse.

Back