Rock-a-Billy Buck

God Bless America! Yes, there are still places where people can gather to enjoy themselves, each other, good music and knives! Enjoy this freedom and never take it for granted! Have a great day!

looks like a nice event. should be a good time. thanks for sharing with us Sir.

Thanks Buckshack.
Doc, that is a 112 with cow handles (in the center). It has my wife's scrimshaw work on it. DM

Badhammer, that's too bad. It got up to 85 here. Not too bad.
gsea, we did get some barbecue today and it was tasty. You see stuff at these events that we have never seen at a gun show. DM

Such as this girl was walking around the festival with this Bearded Dragon on her shoulder she got from Australia. She has a larger one she's bringing today. Odd-- crazy stuff we see here that we never see at a gun & knife show. DM

Also, the hours are totally different than a gun show. These open at 11 am and go to 10 pm. At dark we leave as I can't see to sharpen but it's still packed. The crowd is well behaved especially after they see someone inebriated get arrested. (there's a beer garden at one end) Police are always patrolling as well as Firemen and EMT. The patrons come to hear the music, relax and have a good time. Perhaps see something unique. Not particularly looking for reloading components or a new gun, like at a gun show. We'll try to take some more photos. DM

They brought their Bearded Dragons today. The one on the left is Lucy and the one on the right is Toothless. Just so you know, Toothless can bite
Very Hard... DM

We had a great time at this show. Saw things we'd never seen. Sold several Buck knives and sharpened a lot. Thanks, DM

I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. A good experience. I wasn't sure how well knives would be accepted with this crowd, but it just proves everyone needs a knife and many really "dig" them.

We were wondering this as well. But this festival is attended by a good crowd of bikers. So, my spare 119's were purchased. As well as 110's & 112's as these folks like knives. I displayed a model 120 with inverted stamp which had not been used and it got a lot of looks. This is a type knife many like. Thanks, DM

The food service vendors welcomed us. I responded with sharpening discounts and speedy delivery to their door. Many of these are not your
once a year food service families. They are set up and go to many of these type events and are organized. When they look out their window and
see patrons lined up 6 deep. They don't have time to stop and sharpen a knife. How long has it been since you've see a 12" Victorinox rounded
tip beef slicer? Or a 10" Vic. scimitar breaking/ slicer? These knives are not cheap. They are specialty blades for the serious food service professional. They preform a specific task that our fillet knives just won't cut it, (pun intended). DM

Back