Rough-Forged bushcraft survival Pry Bar Test Piece

FYI it is just mental exercise for a woodsman
forget Rough-Forged

basic version
1.buy" L" shaped pry bar http://www.stanleytools.com/product...law-bars/1234-in-wonder-bar174-pry-bar/55-515
2. buy 550 paracord
3.sharpen both edges
4.make multiple notches on the sides of the pry bar so the paracord will not slide
5. go to town and figure out multiple uses/configurations of pry bar mounted on the wooden stick :)
6. get lost in the woods
7. become "Alone" contestant

deluxe version
1.buy" L" shaped pry bar
2. buy 550 paracord
3 buy 2-3 bolts and wing nuts
4. drill multiple wholes in the pry bar (probably diamond bit needed)
5.sharpen both edges
6.make multiple notches on the sides of the pry bar so the paracord will not slide
7.go to town and figure out multiple uses/configurations of pry bar mounted on the wooden stick :)
8.get lost in the woods
9. become "Alone" contestant

Last edited:
10. Become terrified of all sounds that go bump in the night and tap out first thing the next morning.
If I remember correctly there was Arizona guy who was done the same day. It is amazing 200 years ago having an axe meant such a improvement to quality of life. Now, you can have bear spray, saw, ferro rod, an axe and still it comes to "survival the fattest"

Last edited:
If I remember correctly there was Arizona guy who was done the same day. It is amazing 200 years ago having an axe meant such a improvement to quality of life. No you can have bear spray, saw, ferro rod, an axe and still it comes to "survival the fattest"
LOL! It is indeed the fattest.
Now they are in teams so they don't get scared at night, receive training and have a ground crew that supposedly stays out of sight. Typical BS TV. But I still find it entertaining.

Back