Rough-Forged Traveler's Celt Test Piece

The difference is there is a custom knife forum and a multi-tool forum.

This gizmo would fit better there.

If you just put every custom made gizmo what ever in the axe tomahawk and hatchet forum, you just clutter it up .

That's why there are so many sub-forums.
There are at least 2 that this thing would be better suited to.
Thats why they are there.

The difference is there is a custom knife forum and a multi-tool forum.

This gizmo would fit better there.

If you just put every custom made gizmo what ever in the axe tomahawk and hatchet forum, you just clutter it up .

That's why there are so many sub-forums.
There are at least 2 that this thing would be better suited to.
Thats why they are there.
Why it can be used as a hatchet, unlike scythes and shovels which have threads on here and no one complains. It's design is very similar to many socket axes from the past, which I assume was part of the inspiration

Also, for those saying that it can't do anything that a hatchet can't do better--consider, perhaps, that I'm well aware of what axes and hatchets are and what they do and considered that fact before coming up with this idea. Who'd have thought? :D There are a great many applications for this tool that make use of it one a straight handle of different lengths, which is a completely different orientation and mode of force delivery than that of a hatchet. And yet, unlike a large socket chisel, the depth of the head is kept to its realistic minimum for the intended range of use and the squared socket prevents rotation on a handle when mounted as an axe or adze.

images

I see both purpose, and style in this tool.
How about a simple KUDOS to the man for actually doing something...

Your Hawking it as a great multi-tool.
So put it in the multi-tool forum where it belongs and won't look so out of place and controversial , and you won't be getting the replies you don't like.

Otherwise , every tapered piece of homemade metal goes in the axe , tomahawk , and hatchet forum ?

Then what goes in the homemade knife forum , or multi-tool forum ?

The multi-tool forum is for things like Swiss Army Knives, Leatherman tools, etc. The axe subforum has traditionally been the place not merely for axes, but also for misc. wilderness or agricultural hand tools. We have threads here for things like shovels and sledgehammers.

It seems to me that you might want to re-read the posts here. I've repeatedly stated that I don't mind getting responses I "don't like" so long as they're polite. Everyone has an opinion, and I knew full well that this project wasn't going to be to everyone's tastes. That's kind of the point of a specialized tool, yeah? It's for specific circumstances, not universal ones.

I have been at all times polite and respectful to you.

But you hawk this as a multi-tool, and bristle when it is compared to a hatchet.

So by your own barking of your gizmo, it would fit better in other forums. Like the multi-tool or homemade knife forum.

The axe tomahawk and hatchet forum has more specific tools indicated by its very title.
And few fringe threads on other tools at least have a vintage flare.

Everyone pounding out a piece of metal in their back yard and posting it here to increase its exposure in hopes of gaining orders takes away from the credibility of this sub-forum which is for axes tomahawks and hatchets.

You specifically distance any comparison to a hatchet when it suits you, then compare it to hand axes (hatchets) , when that suits you.

Again , detracting from the credibility of your pitch , and this sub-forum.

Last edited:
Your reading comprehension is lacking here. It may be used as a hatchet, but it has functions a hatchet does not. Hence the distinction. Also, you seem to have missed the part where I said that only a small batch of them is being made and they're basically all spoken for already. Hence, this hardly qualifies as "hawking", "barking", or "trying to gain orders".

I find it amusing that a member with such a recent join date should think that they know the appropriate posting location better than much more senior members.

Well , for someone with such superior reading comprehension, and attaining such senior status on this site, such as yourself, I would think you would have realized were the multi-tool forum was.

As a newbie , I spotted it right away.

The tools that this piece encompasses all fall well within the scope of this subforum. It does not enc ompass the functions of the tools in the multitool subforum.

I have been at all times polite and respectful to you.

But you hawk this as a multi-tool, and bristle when it is compared to a hatchet.

So by your own barking of your gizmo, it would fit better in other forums. Like the multi-tool or homemade knife forum.

The axe tomahawk and hatchet forum has more specific tools indicated by its very title.
And few fringe threads on other tools at least have a vintage flare.

Everyone pounding out a piece of metal in their back yard and posting it here to increase its exposure in hopes of gaining orders takes away from the credibility of this sub-forum which is for axes tomahawks and hatchets.

You specifically distance any comparison to a hatchet when it suits you, then compare it to hand axes (hatchets) , when that suits you.

Again , detracting from the credibility of your pitch , and this sub-forum.
Maybe it's time for folks like you to find somewhere else to spend you're time .

So then why hawk it as a multi_tool?

Ahhhhhh, typical.
Call for shutting down all opposing views.
That's a great rebuttal.
Lol

Your Hawking it as a great multi-tool.
So put it in the multi-tool forum where it belongs and won't look so out of place and controversial , and you won't be getting the replies you don't like.

Otherwise , every tapered piece of homemade metal goes in the axe , tomahawk , and hatchet forum ?

Then what goes in the homemade knife forum , or multi-tool forum ?
So you think this tool is closer to a knife than a hatchet? Really? The multi tool forum is for things like leather mans it would be way more out of place there

Again it has been stated by many this sub forum has all sorts of tool threads from shovel threads to hammer threads to scythe threads to improvised weapons threads and this is closer to a hatchet than any of them

There is a homemade knife forum.
That is what I was referring to.

And he's Hawking it as a multi-tool ,so thats why I reference that.
He keeps being offended when anyone compares it to a hatchet, so why post here?
It's a homemade gizmo, by his own promotion.
As I said previously , the other fringe threads in this forum are at least vintage in nature.

He takes offense at any comment even percieved as negative.
If he had it in a homemade forum or a gizmo forum he might not receive the offending comment.

And when you post stuff in a public comment forum , guess what , your gonna get public comments and they may not all be leg humping in nature.
You will get differing opinions.

I have not personally attacked him at all and barely criticized his gizmo.
Only the choice of forum it was posted in.

New blood was all that the forum police was missing :). Glad to see that was taken care of.

There is a homemade knife forum.
That is what I was referring to.

And he's Hawking it as a multi-tool ,so thats why I reference that.
He keeps being offended when anyone compares it to a hatchet, so why post here?
It's a homemade gizmo, by his own promotion.
As I said previously , the other fringe threads in this forum are at least vintage in nature.

He takes offense at any comment even percieved as negative.
If he had it in a homemade forum or a gizmo forum he might not receive the offending comment.

And when you post stuff in a public comment forum , guess what , your gonna get public comments and they may not all be leg humping in nature.
You will get differing opinions.

I have not personally attacked him at all and barely criticized his gizmo.
Only the choice of forum it was posted in.
There is no homemade knife forum there is a custom knife forum though

I haven't seen him get offended when it's referred to as a hatchet and and he's not hawking it there's non available

This sub forum is not just for vintage and nowhere does it say this, custom axes and Hawks of traditional make are posted here and so are modern axes such as crash axes and breaching axes and everything in between

Fortytwoblades is quite use to criticism and handles it fine but when you say thing like hawking and homemade gizmo that's pounded out in someone's backyard with obvious rudeness it's gonna rustle some feathers

Maybe have a good look through this sub forum before becoming the arbiter of it

I think there's room for other gizmos here. Hell, we have a shovel thread and a crosscut saw thread. What's the difference?

Edit: We also have a 'Forks' thread and a improvised weapons thread. It's pretty diverse in this forum. And I for one like it that way.
Dead on.
The diversity is what makes this forum what it is.

Back